• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Climate Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another example of the left refusing to accept another opinion and mocking anybody who dares to express one.
Z10 Camera - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

If you had 100 mechanics checking out your car and 99 of them said it needs a new head gasket, and one said no, she'll be right, who would you believe? It's like that with climate science. Instead organisations like Sky news will put that 1 dissenter in the same debate with 1 of those other 99 and present that as a valid, equal debate.

As for Southport calling Mega's link fake news, oh the irony.

I won't get drawn in apart from this post, but this should be about science. Instead it has devolved into the usual left/right debate. This is because for the Right, this is about ideology. The future can't be business as usual. Burning things to create power is not sustainable for 8 billion people on a planet with an atmosphere going up 100 ks, or whatever it is. It's not called an inconvenient truth for nothing. Things need to change.

Anyway, this is the social lounge. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed. It is pointless. No one is going to change another's view.

(and those who felt the need to message me about climate change, please don't, I have better things to do than argue with people who's minds are made up)

Go the Rabbitohs

Aussie coal companies bouncing on rumour of China ban reversal​

It has been almost two years since China enacted a painful ban on one of Australia’s biggest exports, but things could be about to change.

Ben GrahamBen Graham
In October it will be two long years since China decided to take a huge step to punish Australia and one its key exports. But now there are rumblings that big changes are on the way.
Beijing’s ban on imports of Australian coal came at a time of great tension between the Chinese Communist Party and the then-Morrison government, and it has had a negative effect on the economies of both nations.

Penny Wong selling more coal but we can't use it ourselves???

If you had 100 mechanics checking out your car and 99 of them said it needs a new head gasket, and one said no, she'll be right, who would you believe? It's like that with climate science. Instead organisations like Sky news will put that 1 dissenter in the same debate with 1 of those other 99 and present that as a valid, equal debate.

As for Southport calling Mega's link fake news, oh the irony.

I won't get drawn in apart from this post, but this should be about science. Instead it has devolved into the usual left/right debate. This is because for the Right, this is about ideology. The future can't be business as usual. Burning things to create power is not sustainable for 8 billion people on a planet with an atmosphere going up 100 ks, or whatever it is. It's not called an inconvenient truth for nothing. Things need to change.

Anyway, this is the social lounge. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed. It is pointless. No one is going to change another's view.

(and those who felt the need to message me about climate change, please don't, I have better things to do than argue with people who's minds are made up)

Go the Rabbitohs
Well said however, It’s not about trying to change the mind of specific individuals, that’s never going to happen with these few parochial conservatives who will continue to fight for their political “team” in their one-eyed way the same as the way they support their footy team, 😄, but rather what the truth is and isn’t for anyone else who is interested in reading the thread on this vital topic. Especially for all the recent flood victims and the fire victims that are still living in temporary accommodation until the next disaster.

It's about truth versus propaganda and there's no reason it should be shut down particularly as it is in the social lounge where non-footy topics are supposed to be discussed. Things haven't got too nasty but we can still having a willing debate. She'll be right.

Last edited:
They are a highly credible news outlet that relies on academic sources, hires highly reputable academics and uses academic rigor in the fair and objective way it approaches and presents news. It is a proper public news service unlike the utterly biased billionaires political tool for profit propaganda machine that all the Murdoch media has long been.

Get real!

Well said however, It’s not about trying to change the mind of specific individuals, that’s never going to happen with these few parochial conservatives who will continue to fight for their political “team” in their one-eyed way the same as the way they support their footy team, 😄, but rather what the truth is and isn’t for anyone else who is interested in reading the thread on this vital topic. Especially for all the recent flood victims and the fire victims that are still living in temporary accommodation until the next disaster.

It's about truth versus propaganda and there's no reason it should be shut down particularly as it is in the social lounge where non-footy topics are supposed to be discussed. Things haven't got too nasty but we can still having a willing debate. She'll be right.
Keep up the good fight Mega. I applaud you for doing so. I have just had so many of these debates on different sites, that is just becomes links at 10 paces sort of thing. Becomes a disaster when one side is quoting Murdoch, OAN, and some of the other propaganda outlets, and thinking them factual.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back