• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

2023 State of Origin

Fittler looking at lots of Souths players they just said on radio too late the ****wit.
Means a bunch of Souths players are auditioning for Origin this afternoon.

Don't know that it's a good thing. Might overplay their hands. Just stick with the process. If you're good enough you'll be noticed - and then bypassed by Fittler as usual.

They usually pick in form players, NSW picks on past glories, club politics, bias, easily led by media, ego's etc

Do you think Billy slater cares how many storm players get picked?

Cos I'm sure people like Brandy are trying to get as many panthers in the team as possible.
Exactly, if Slater/smith etc we’re like NSW than Welch would have been picked, grant starting hooker and Coates on the wing but they aren’t they are picking the best players to win.

I think minimal changes for game 2 will happen and Fittler will ride or die with his decision and Latrell will make a difference. Turbo/addo carr will be a little fitter too. Blues will likely win a close game imo ( especially if Kaufusi gets put back in as he’ll probably be costly lol). Then be heavy favourites for game 3 an do play rubbish and get done lol

Means a bunch of Souths players are auditioning for Origin this afternoon.

Don't know that it's a good thing. Might overplay their hands. Just stick with the process. If you're good enough you'll be noticed - and then bypassed by Fittler as usual.

We know the answer to that now, Cody aside

After watching the game tonight in the first half and last two weeks… none of our team are in “form”

If nsw picked on form

Reynolds and walker would be the halves

Trell the fullback

We don’t w@nt Diddler anywhere near our players,when he is sacked will be time enough!

I think Fittler and Alexander have placed too much emphasis on maintaining club combinations at the expense of giving precedence to players in better current NRL form.
Then you add the incumbents considered untouchable even though their club form has been way below their best. As an example today we see their reactions to suggestions that Tedesco should be dropped….shock, horror…..At what point do we acknowledge the fact that he is no longer near the best in his key position.
Contrast that to Slater, dropped a proven Origin stalwart with an enviable record in that arena and also their incumbent fullback who was MOTM in the 3rd Origin game last year in a series winning performance. He wasn’t convinced that they were still the best the their respective positions and took the tough but correct decision to replace them with in form players.
I guess the one thing that the selectors can’t avoid and that is the accountability factor.
Slater can coach.

Fittler can’t.

That’s not emotion, it’s fact.

We probably undersell the QLD team too, especially the spine.

Grant/Hunt and Munster are better than anyone NSW can name in the 6 or 9 (wether they’re from the Panthers or not).

Walsh is more effective currently than Tedesco and is one of the form players in the comp (bar maybe Edwards funnily enough).

Cleary at Origin kicks and defends. DCE might not be better, but he’s doing as good a job.
I would put DCE ahead of Cleary at the moment.

DCE owned the moments on Wednesday night, Cleary didn’t.

I have been carefully evaluating the SOO2 team and have nearly got the backline
finalised.
This is with the understanding that Diddler and the Pin Ball Wizard get punted.
Halback Lachie Ilias.Chisel a possibility for the bench.
5/8 The only candidate the Magician.Mug Lair a chance for water boy.
Left centre to feed AJ Lattrell
Left flank Ken Irvines nemesis AJ
Right centre,Stretch the form.centre.( if Diddler had his way…water boy.
Right flank the Fox instead of Tupou the Chooks veteran.
F.b. Turbo forget it,rhe Whiz?forget it.
Could be Taffy still undecided..
As a consolation Diddler to be given a life long job sweeping the floor at Paddy’s Markets!
News flash Dom Young to change his mind and sign with Souths for less than Chooks giving Dom Kalgoorlie!

Last edited:
I think he will pick Damien in the 14 game 2

Back