• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

2023 State of Origin

If Cleary is out and Luai was only there because of his combination surely that means he will be dropped? 🤪

Hynes halfback, Walker 5/8 with the Cleary injury
This looks highly likely and I think NSW will win if it happens. Cody's in rare form right now and will tear QLD apart. I also see Keon getting a call up . Only problem with any players getting the call up is that the Jolly Fiddler will have them playing on the opposite side to what they play in premiership games. Poor bugger can't work out his left from right.

I hope Walker doesn’t get picked. He won’t be allowed to play his natural game and the last time they picked him for Origin it wrecked his confidence for months
Without Cleary and with Hynes/Reynolds he has a good chance to play his natural game. Just tell Tedesco to get out of the way.

It will be interesting to see what they do here. I’m not sure they will drop Luai. But at the same time Freddy and Alexander should know their jobs are on the line.

It’s funny how they are coming out and saying the criticism of Tedesco wasn’t fair after his game yesterday. I didn’t see most of it so I won’t comment on how he played. But I’m not sure how much can be taken out of playing the Dogs.

It will be interesting to see what they do here. I’m not sure they will drop Luai. But at the same time Freddy and Alexander should know their jobs are on the line.

It’s funny how they are coming out and saying the criticism of Tedesco wasn’t fair after his game yesterday. I didn’t see most of it so I won’t comment on how he played. But I’m not sure how much can be taken out of playing the Dogs.
I watched the game.

Putting aside my loathing of him - he had a good game. Actually sat back a bit and injected himself at the right times.

If he’d done that in SOO I, NSW would’ve scored at least 3 tries.

But it was against the Bulldogs, so the effusive ejaculations from the Fox Sports panellists was a little OTT.

No point picking Walker unless u pick a halfback that will give him service to play his game......Halfback Reynolds or Ilias ( no chance) , Hynes or Burton will not suit him , me thinks.

Expect halves to be Hynes and Burton..............you need a field kicker to replace Cleary.

Expect LM with Keon and Cook to make the side and maybe Tats.

I watched the game.

Putting aside my loathing of him - he had a good game. Actually sat back a bit and injected himself at the right times.

If he’d done that in SOO I, NSW would’ve scored at least 3 tries.

But it was against the Bulldogs, so the effusive ejaculations from the Fox Sports panellists was a little OTT.
He had a reasonable game, one of his tries was taking a pass and a stroll over line, the other I saw was good backing up with some work to finish off. I wouldn’t say it was exceptional when you consider it was against the Bulldogs who are hardly blessed with talent.

Back