• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

2023 State of Origin

How hard is it to have civil conversations with people? Seriously.

This is not taking anyone's side, or singling anyone out, this is a message for all fellow Pridesters.

Can we please try to be a bit kinder? Seriously, it's not hard. Totally fine with disagreements and trying to prove your point, but just do it in a civil manner. It's something that really doesn't take much and it's not hard to do. No one deserves to be insulted because they have a different opinion to you.

We are all one big online family one here. We all support the same thing, we all want the same thing. I see it as something that unites all of us So why all the hate?

I understand it's not always going to be one big happy family, it's a forum but at least a bit of effort from everyone to at least try and be civil. It's really frustrating to come on here after a long day at work and have to read through pages and pages of childish bickering with people constantly trying to one up each other. I think I speak for many members when I say that.

I just don't understand why disagreements always turn into bickering, I really don't. I don't know, maybe I just have a different mindset. But please, just try to be adults about it.

As I said, by all means disagree. By all means discuss. But keep the name calling and personal abuse out of it. If everyone made just that little bit more effort to be a bit better, this already great forum could become even better.

Again, not singling anyone out. This is a message to everyone. Be better.
Only read this after my previous reply. Agree - there's no need to be offensive. Hard to not retaliate though but I'll try to let more go - unless it gets too over the top! I'm not going to be anybody's doormat either.

Imagine if Adelaide had been the third game? I.e, big wins at home for each side, then QLD win the series a man down with minutes to go? Would have cast a very different light on the series.

Imagine if Adelaide had been the third game? I.e, big wins at home for each side, then QLD win the series a man down with minutes to go? Would have cast a very different light on the series.
Except that the NSW selectors probably wouldn't have changed the team for the Sydney game had we been 1-0 down after a loss in Queensland

I still feel shutting down the NRL comp for 3 weeks while origin is on, and playing all the pacific nations tests, and other rep games, plus keeping the State comps going, during the origin series, would be just fine. There would still be plenty of league to choose from over those weekends, without corrupting weekly matches

Where the Cam Murray love?

Heard a podcast the other days asking ‘if you
could start a franchise with 1 forward, 1 back and a coach of your choosing, who would they be?’

Of course they chose the likes of Tino and Haas.

Murray is the best forward in the game. He might not have the metres of Haas, but he does soooo much more in all aspects of the game on and off the field.

If he starts all three games next year he’s short odds to win the player of the series.

Back