• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

What are you currently listening to?

Listened to Skyhooks “Living in the 70’s” this afternoon/evening.

Another great album that is well worth a listen to.

Living in the 70s is a fun album. My first album I think, on cassette, before I went fully vinyl (apart from tapes I recorded off mates).
Edit: actually it was Abba 🤣, then Skyhooks, then Deep Purple, all in the space of a year.

Living in the 70s is a fun album. My first album I think, on cassette, before I went fully vinyl (apart from tapes I recorded off mates).
Edit: actually it was Abba 🤣, then Skyhooks, then Deep Purple, all in the space of a year.
My first “album” was the Abba 45 bought in the Coventry markets in London.

My second album was Led Zeppelin IV, followed by III and then the rest of the Led Zep collection.

And then Rolling Stones Sticky Fingers (I think), Deep Purple Machine Head and Slade cum on feel the noize

I think my taste in music improved dramatically when I went to boarding school and listened to the Year 12 kids albums.

I hated Abba until my teenage eyes laid eyes on those girls. Still hated the music. Thank good I found Springsteen, Blondie, Elvis Costello & Alice Cooper around the same time that offered up a different style to what was popular

My first “album” was the Abba 45 bought in the Coventry markets in London.

My second album was Led Zeppelin IV, followed by III and then the rest of the Led Zep collection.

And then Rolling Stones Sticky Fingers (I think), Deep Purple Machine Head and Slade cum on feel the noize

I think my taste in music improved dramatically when I went to boarding school and listened to the Year 12 kids albums.
What changed for me was visiting a friends place and him putting on Deep Purple Made in Japan full volume. Blew my tiny teenage mind! I got that album within a week and still listen to it now and then, despite my tastes have changed.

Loved Zep as well and had most of their albums, along with the Stones.

My other musical loves a bit later was the early punk. When Sex Pistols were on Countdown with Molly tut tutting about this violent new music, my dad actually said "you'll never have that in this house". Took about a week before I had copied Never Mind the Bollocks from a mate. In Oz we had Radio Birdman and the Saints who were brilliant. Also loved reggae and ska. Never heard anything like it.

Listened to a little Rodriguez last night, some random really old blues and jazz from Spotify, and a little Sex Pistols.

Got the full concert on now. A black & white night with Roy Orbison & friends. All my faves Joe Roy for his greatest hits live.
Springsteen, Costello, Jackson Browne, Waits, J D Souther & co 👏👏

Just finished listening to U2 - Joshua Tree: Not as good I remembered it to be.

And now listening to the Police - most enjoyable.

Got the full concert on now. A black & white night with Roy Orbison & friends. All my faves Joe Roy for his greatest hits live.
Springsteen, Costello, Jackson Browne, Waits, J D Souther & co 👏👏

Got that on open reel tape some great live stuff!
Inclouding face pulls by some artists!

I pulled this one out of my vinyl collection for a spin recently. A fantastic Australian various artists album.

Attachments

• VARIOUS-ROCKA-rotated-e1628988825532.jpg
    VARIOUS-ROCKA-rotated-e1628988825532.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 5
  • various-artists-rocka-2-ab.jpg
    various-artists-rocka-2-ab.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 6
Just finished listening to U2 - Joshua Tree: Not as good I remembered it to be.

And now listening to the Police - most enjoyable.
I went to the Joshua Tree tour a few years ago. Loved it. “Exit” was probably my highlight from that show.

The first 3 tracks on the album are huge. Other not so recognisable songs on that I love is “Running to a Standstill” and “In God’s Country”.

Achtung Baby is another great Album by them. They are doing the Sphere in Vegas at the moment. Just announced extra shows. Hoping they add more for when we play over there.

Of their later work this version of “Every Breaking Wave” is great.

Back