• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

What are you currently listening to?

STOP CRYING YOUR HEART OUT Oasis is my new favorite after watching THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT

I went to the Joshua Tree tour a few years ago. Loved it. “Exit” was probably my highlight from that show.

The first 3 tracks on the album are huge. Other not so recognisable songs on that I love is “Running to a Standstill” and “In God’s Country”.

Achtung Baby is another great Album by them. They are doing the Sphere in Vegas at the moment. Just announced extra shows. Hoping they add more for when we play over there.

Of their later work this version of “Every Breaking Wave” is great.

Pls don’t get me wrong. Saw them at Stadium Australia, along with 80, 000 of my nearest friends 😂 and they were sensational.

I think part of the issue for me today is that I haven’t had a record player for decades (long story).

I listen to a lot of music, but it’s via playlists 90% of the time, as I’m listening while working etc.

I’m getting used to listening to albums again - and I think I built up the Joshua Tree album a bit too much in my mind. Did the same with Tapestry, as well and was a smidge disappointed

Contrast to Rumours, that I didn’t build up and it blew me away.

I truly think it’s a mindset shift to go back to sitting and listening to an album from start to finish.

I went to see Richard Clapton at the Enmore and he performed one of his albums from start to finish (Eye of the Tiger I think, but probably wrong), and it was stunningly good.

Maybe I was just in the wrong frame of reference last night.

Another brilliant couple of albums from start to finish.

Attachments

• Ofskinsandhearts.jpg
    Ofskinsandhearts.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Feel_the_Heat_by_The_Radiators.jpg
    Feel_the_Heat_by_The_Radiators.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 1
Just flicking through my albums - can do you a great offer on Enya - Orinoco Flow (what was I thinking, drinking??????).

Otherwise I do have a great mid 70’s best of Roy Orbison, a full set of early Chris Rea right up to Dancing with Strangers - then I switched to CDs. Joshua Tree was a big shift for U2 - moving from the hard edges of their Irish anti-war/anti-poverty into international mainstream - that went mega with Rattle and Hum. I got the poster with the album and had it block mounted and my daughter now loves it. Along side my Midnight Oil Red Sails in the Sunset poster. I did have an original Street poster of Goanna Spirit of Place tour poster - alas it didn’t survive the mounting process

Listened to a little Rodriguez last night, some random really old blues and jazz from Spotify, and a little Sex Pistols.
My mate loves the Stones, almost to the exclusion of all else. Was having a few beers with him a couple of months ago and he'd just bought a Stones album that was all blues. I think he said it was a recent release. I'm not generally a blues listener (I like it but don't seek it out) but I really enjoyed the album

Has anyone seen the new song Tim Minchin did for the 50th birthday of the Opera House?
Really good

My mate loves the Stones, almost to the exclusion of all else. Was having a few beers with him a couple of months ago and he'd just bought a Stones album that was all blues. I think he said it was a recent release. I'm not generally a blues listener (I like it but don't seek it out) but I really enjoyed the album
Can you get the name of the album? I love blues and would love to have a listen.

One of my favourite songs is “Lorena“a hit of the 60s ….the 1860s from a collection of US civil war songs which I recorded.
This sentimental song was much loved by both union and confederate soldiers and resulted in many desertions from both camps.
Should be played 24/7 for the benefit of the loonies in Palestine and Israel,actually should be played 24/7 for all of the war mongering loonies on this amazing planet Earth!😍

Last edited:
Can you get the name of the album? I love blues and would love to have a listen.
No worries mate I'll find out.
Who knows it will probably turn out to be an oldie that you've already got.
I had a few beers that night :)

The Stones were a blues rock band. They’ve changed a bit, but go back to their early stuff and it was heavily blues influenced.

On High Tide and Green Grass (best of album, in the US) - they did an amazing cover of Little Red Rooster.

Paint it Black is another good one.

It could well have been this one . They covered some old blues classics for this one.

Attachments

• 3477415.jpg
    3477415.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 7

Back