• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 8: Rabbitohs v Storm

For me if (or when more to the point) JD goes the whole medical/training staff need to go with him. I have said for three years we are slow, but over those three years our fitness has become non existent.

Sam's team sits fourth in the super league table. Best attack eith I think fourth best defence.

I don’t have an ounce of faith in any of the current coach, playing group or club admin to be able to turn this around.

There may be one or two good operators among the people running this shit show but you’d never know it looking at how the clubs traveling.

Broom needs to go through the entire joint. Even the cleaner needs to go.

Gray looks a promising first grader but was completely out of his depth at fullback. He got exposed in attack and defence.

The coach better not move Latrell to the centres for him and have $1.8 million of talent playing in the centres.

The sooner Gray moves to 7 the better.

Not having a go, but you don’t need stats to see how appalling our defence was last night.

We were cream puffs in the middle.

We were at sea on both edges, but particularly on our right edge.

And our coaching team decided that the best idea was to leave one of our big boppers on the pine for 50-60 minutes.

I’m still not over that performance.
Yet the reason I wanted to point out those stats is to highlight how much worse it could have been if we had our usual completion rate. That is a very scary thing.

We had no excuse for being tired. Even that 13 minute period when we didn’t touch the ball and they scored 4 tries. We were well rested during that period. There was no resilience. The attitude in defence was poor. Allowing them to offload at will.

Yet the reason I wanted to point out those stats is to highlight how much worse it could have been if we had our usual completion rate. That is a very scary thing.

We had no excuse for being tired. Even that 13 minute period when we didn’t touch the ball and they scored 4 tries. We were well rested during that period. There was no resilience. The attitude in defence was poor. Allowing them to offload at will.
And we just got a new defensive coach. This is on player attitude. It's blatantly obvious.

And we just got a new defensive coach. This is on player attitude. It's blatantly obvious.
It’s the coaches job to get them up for it as well. Not blaming this on Furner as he has only just started. Will take time for him. The rot is already in there.

But you are right that the players need to take some accountability as well.

I think we can all stop taking pot shots at eachother and snipes at the players.

The coach has to go.

Once we get that sorted, we can resume normal transmission and get on with putting forward cases for how to climb out of this hole.

Whatever JD is spending the week doing, it isn’t preparing the team to be a competitive NRL side. It just isn’t.

The problem was Ilias, Mitchell, Cook, Walker, the forwards, the backs, not playing Gray, playing Gray in the wrong position. Everyone’s has had a go being the scapegoat.

Trust me, it’s JD.

JD can’t do anything now, team has lost its head. To their credit the guys are still trying but it’s individual efforts and there is zero trust in JD and each other.
You could see it in the first set, Cheeks shoots out and misses the tackle.
Host is third man in a tackle, doesn’t lock up Welsh or stop the offload or get back in the defensive line.
Guys are just lost. JD is lost.

It’s more than that. Whilst getting rid of him is a step in the right directions others need to go too.
A good head coach will know/figure that out.

Find the right person to lead the team and then empower them to make the changes required.

Latest posts

Back