• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 8: Rabbitohs v Storm

While there’s a lot wrong with the club, can we stop rewriting history for the sake of it. We didn’t punt Sam, he was always taking a head coach role which had come while we were still doing well. Rusty wanted to try and settle things for literally just the Roosters game to see if we could save the season and they couldn’t resolve it all so he left with one game left.

We punted the two assistant coaches who were adamant there was a lack of standards.

Then we lied about the reason. Just like Eddie Farah was forced to lie about why he was leaving at the red and green ball.

Dont care what contract Sam signed for 2024. He was punted.

Defending the smiles and the suits is an odd, goofy position to take

the most concerning part for mine is even if we sack JD, which absolutely is inevitable, it is very very unlikely we’re going to get a new coach in that is genuinely exciting.

There’s just nothing out there. People saying throw cash at Bellamy etc are dreaming. And it’s nice to dream. But it ain’t reality.
Again no doubt things are shocking at the moment. But we still have a core group of players that any successful coach would love to have. Murray, Wighton, Arrow, Graham, Tatola when fit and also the ability to manipulate the cap a bit with Walker and Cook moving on. While Bellamy may be a tough one, I do think there are other candidates that would jump at the chance. Wayne being an obvious one

All the foot stomping and hurling of the toys doesn’t change the facts. Sam wasn’t punted. Fact

Stop being hysterical and try being factual

We punted the two assistant coaches who were adamant there was a lack of standards.

Then we lied about the reason. Just like Eddie Farah was forced to lie about why he was leaving at the red and green ball.

Defending the smiles and the suits is an odd, goofy position to take
Hahaha ok good to see that’s what you took out of my post. My fault for trying to provide some actual facts. I don’t know what Eddie Farah said at the red and green ball, but given your ability to tell porkies I probably wouldn’t need your take on it. P.S I know the reasons why Eddie left and no need to expand on those on a public forum.

Hahaha ok good to see that’s what you took out of my post. My fault for trying to provide some actual facts. I don’t know what Eddie Farah said at the red and green ball, but given your ability to tell porkies I probably wouldn’t need your take on it. P.S I know the reasons why Eddie left and no need to expand on those on a public forum.

Goof.

"The South Sydney Rabbitohs have agreed with Sam Burgess today that he will be released from his assistant coaching duties for the remainder of the season to allow him to concentrate on his forthcoming role with the Warrington Wolves and the impending birth of his child."

Even in the most propaganda'd, PR fairyland version of events, he was released.

To focus on the birth of his child of course! Because we are a compassionate club!

There is enough smooth brain IQs running the joint at the moment, I really do not need to read midwit gaslighting from fans who 10 minutes ago thought the iceberg hadn't been hit.

Goofs.

Last edited:
"The South Sydney Rabbitohs have agreed with Sam Burgess today that he will be released from his assistant coaching duties for the remainder of the season to allow him to concentrate on his forthcoming role with the Warrington Wolves and the impending birth of his child."

To focusing on the birth of his child of course! Because we are a compassionate club!

There is enough smooth brain IQs running the joint at the moment, I really do not need to read midwit gaslighting from fans who 10 minutes ago thought the iceberg hadn't been hit.

Goofs.
The human child per Solly!

To focusing on the birth of his child of course! Because we are a compassionate club!

Goofs.
Honestly mate if you have to throw insults around why bother trying to have an actual opinion it’s childish. If you can’t see the difference between being punted and leaving with one game left when you had already accepted another role then I can’t help you. It’s a pointless argument.

Alarming stats from last night.

49% Possession
84% Completion rate

The fact that with that amount of ball and completions we still let in 10 tries. That just highlights how poor our defence was last night.
Not having a go, but you don’t need stats to see how appalling our defence was last night.

We were cream puffs in the middle.

We were at sea on both edges, but particularly on our right edge.

And our coaching team decided that the best idea was to leave one of our big boppers on the pine for 50-60 minutes.

I’m still not over that performance.

He had our full strength squad available to him from round 22 last year and could only manage 1 win

Some of the injuries are due to his poor and desperate decisions like playing Graham all season with a busted sternum and rushing back Munro

If he didn’t recruit and extend so many plodders we could cover most of these injuries, yet we can’t because JD thought his Cutters boys could mix it in the NRL

He overestimated their ability and his own

This is all his doing
Well said Brownrabbit and spot on!

I’ve cut and pasted my earlier reply to captainsutto regarding JD and the contrast with Ivan Cleary and Penrith. Have a go at the player drain but they keep winning premierships!!

What about Round 12 onwards 2023?
Every team has injuries. Suspension is a result of low expectations and current culture within the club. Latrell probably frustrated. Who knows.

I know a sure thing. Bennett never had problems with any of the current crop that he coached, which is most of them. He got the best out of each player.

Since then we’ve gone backwards every season. Every season.

Club’s decision making reflects our current backline. Slow.

In contrast Penrith have lost this lot:
Burton, Capewell, Naden, Momirovski, Tyrone May, Jennings, Katoa, Hopgood, Kikau, Staines, O’Sullivan, Teague, Koroisau, Cogger, Peru x2, Hosking, Jenkins, Leniu, Salmon, Crichton, Luai. Probably more….
…and still won 3 premierships!

You can only hide for so long…..

We deserve better!

We certainly do deserve better! The rot started with JD anointing unproven and uncredentialled players in Ilias and Paulo way back at the start of 2022. I could smell it, highlighted it and was criticised for it. That’s OK but I could see the lack of a dominant half and centre. Mentioned it to Kempy and rabbits21 at the Souths-Norths NSW Cup Grand Final last season. I feel that this was JD wanting to put his stamp on the team post Bennett. He spoke as if he was a highly successful and experienced NRL coach - only trouble is he wasn’t!

Another thing: we have never had a game plan under JD. The dominant left side under Bennett disappeared with nothing, 5 hit ups then a shit kick that put no opposition catcher under pressure or went out in the full.

An erosion of high standards and expectations, positive attitudes and team culture.

It’s been beyond the coach since late last season and nothing has transpired. It’s firmly on the club now.

Sign Wayne now. He’ll know which players to keep, which ones to discard (Milne, Host etc) and there would be time to attract decent talent.

What a story that would be….

The clock is ticking……..

It's actually overwhelming how much shit has gone down over the last 12 months and yet all the suits, smiles, and staff have done in terms of press releases and communicating to the fans is... punt Sam Burgess and lie about the reason.
They also ran around all offseason telling anyone who would listen that Sam was the problem and with his departure winning results will return

Wayne may attract the players we need, but Madge is the guy who can implement the standards and structure we require.

But knowing the simpletons in suits that run this joint, they will wait for Parra to sack Arthurs’ The Knights to sack O’Brien so both Madge and Wayne get taken off the market and we will promote O’Callahan

I know how we get out of this mess. We focus on what’s going on inside our four walls. We front load our energy. We rely on the players in our squad to implement the processes from training. Last but not least we trust the process.
You forgot ….we will review our roles after watching the video.

It’s like the good old days when someone in your family went to Videomania and hired a movie that we’ve all seen several times and the movie is a dud and has a weak plot, B grade actors and a director that simply can’t direct.

We’ve all seen these type of movies so no need to watch it again - please just make it stop.

Back