• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 8: Rabbitohs v Storm

Someone like Bennett should come in on the proviso that some need to go.

Eg Brock S, The High performance unit and anyone else who has contributed to this mess.
Bennett also contributed to this mess. He suggested the coach everyone wants gone and didn't recruit well in his stint here. We bring him back and there's a big chance we'll be going through this again when his tenure finishes again. Have a look at the other clubs he's coached at.

No it's all the coach. Ask the experts. Players are doing this because they're trained to do it and it's the coaches game plan. ๐Ÿ˜œ

What about tthe mob who have been demanding he makes the players accountable. Be ruthless with them.
When he does itโ€™s claimed โ€œhe threw them under the busโ€๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

What about tthe mob who have been demanding he makes the players accountable. Be ruthless with them.
I'm happy enough to see change ,but anyone who's played the game knows it's not all on the coach. Players have to want to put in and these blokes certainly aren't doing that. That footage of Keon bludging is on him . 100% he's been doing drills at training to get in the face of the kicker.

Purely outclassed - I wasnโ€™t going to watch the press conference but it was refreshingly honest and accurate

Problem is that wonโ€™t be until next year. We can make do with an interim now and salvage something for the season. Wonโ€™t make the 8 but at least get the team playing with the right attitude.

Just think we need to make a few more changes off the field as well.
Oh yeah. This year is toast.

Which is what it is, as long as they get it right for 2025.

Bennett also contributed to this mess. He suggested the coach everyone wants gone and didn't recruit well in his stint here. We bring him back and there's a big chance we'll be going through this again when his tenure finishes again. Have a look at the other clubs he's coached at.

Besides Bennett recommending JD take over, that's the only real thing you can fault him on.

He told the club to keep Reynolds.

But even if Bennett did recommend JD, the club could have still said no to that recommendation and went with someone else, what I don't get is why we only wanted Bennett for 3 seasons when he said he still wanted to coach.

You keep a coach like Bennett as long as you can.

Donโ€™t get Bennett to do your succession plan. Get him to coach the club.

A good coach does it behind closed
Doors you dip shit
Oh yeah. This year is toast.

Which is what it is, as long as they get it right for 2025.

This year is now about trying to avoid the wooden spoon

Bennett always wanted to go back to QLD to be wth his son. He spends a lot of time developing his property with him in mind.
There was absolutely nothing wrong with the transition plan. It was Waynes plan

Besides Bennett recommending JD take over, that's the only real thing you can fault him on.

He told the club to keep Reynolds.

But even if Bennett did recommend JD, the club could have still said no to that recommendation and went with someone else, what I don't get is why we only wanted Bennett for 3 seasons when he said he still wanted to coach.

You keep a coach like Bennett as long as you can.
I think he had the Dolphins in mind when he took the job that's why only three years. His recruitment sucked when he was with us though. We were an injury filled roster away from failure and that's exactly what's transpired.

No it's all the coach. Ask the experts. Players are doing this because they're trained to do it and it's the coaches game plan. ๐Ÿ˜œ
If the players don't have the ability, its the coaches job to oversee the recruitment of those that do.

We have had two off-seasons where the recruitment is basically 2 players compared to 10 or so players who left.

If there was an ability deficit, why wasn't it addressed by the coach/coaching staff?

Last edited:
I think he had the Dolphins in mind when he took the job that's why only three years. His recruitment sucked when he was with us though. We were an injury filled roster away from failure and that's exactly what's transpired.
What??
Wayne took us to a GF and then the following year we went to the PF.
Thatโ€™s your definition of sucked and failure?

Puhlease Wayne left us in a solid position - all the failures after 2022 are our own making.

Iโ€™m also giving Solly a pass.

With the exception of signing a long term Accor deal (and messing my membership up this season), heโ€™s been good.

If the club botch this next appointment up, then ok, we can start looking at the CEO. Plenty in the firing line before him.

Back