• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 8: Rabbitohs v Storm

I’m not looking forward to going to this game. I can’t see us keeping them under 30. I’m probably being kind there.
I think there’s a typo in your estimate Kempy…🤣

I’m not looking forward to going to this game. I can’t see us keeping them under 30. I’m probably being kind there.
Make sure you pick a nice place to grab a feed to compensate Kempy.

The Reserve grade team is playing this weekend right? As they had their first bye quite early.

I’d assume - with our luck with injuries - that they’d keep Gray, Gagai and co in cotton wool for that game.

I’d like to see Thompson given time on the right wing in Reggies and Milne in the centres (although I know he won’t play).

I am not seeing what others see in Tass. Love the story, but he’s a defensive liability and provides very little in attack.

Milne isn’t much better I know but we’re going to need some tall timber on that right edge…Thompson brings that, but doesn’t bring speed.

The Reserve grade team is playing this weekend right? As they had their first bye quite early.

I’d assume - with our luck with injuries - that they’d keep Gray, Gagai and co in cotton wool for that game.

I’d like to see Thompson given time on the right wing in Reggies and Milne in the centres (although I know he won’t play).

I am not seeing what others see in Tass. Love the story, but he’s a defensive liability and provides very little in attack.

Milne isn’t much better I know but we’re going to need some tall timber on that right edge…Thompson brings that, but doesn’t bring speed.
No, they have a bye this weekend as well

Another Monday rolls around which means it's game week once again. I hope the boys took good advantage of the bye to rest up, get their bodies and minds right, and I hope we used the week wisely to work on our game and hopefully fix a few things.

This week, we bounce into what is a very, very special week as it's Anzac Round. One of the most special Rounds of the year where we remember and commemorate those who laid down their lives for our freedom. It's an incredibly important and special Round. It's made even more special this year by the fact that we have the honor of actually playing on Anzac Day for the first time since 2014. That's going to be pretty damn special. What's more, we're playing in Melbourne, and they always do such a good job of Anzac Day, so I'm pumped for that!

We take on the Storm in this one and to be honest, I'm not holding out much hope. We're going pretty terribly, and the Storm have proven that yet again, they are one of the top teams this year. They look on fire with a team stacked full of superstars. We look severely depleted. What's more, we're playing in Melbourne where we have never, ever one in something like 13 games throughout history, and the Storm always lift it up a notch on Anzac Day. So, it's monumental occasion and a monumental task that right now, looks damn near impossible.

But hey, you never know. If we can somehow channel the Anzac spirit, and we used the bye well, anything could happen, right? Right? It won't happen, I know it won't but just imagine if this was the year we got our first ever win in Melbourne. Just imagine that on Anzac Day and given the way we're going and the team we'll put out. It'd be one for the ages and would hopefully kick-start our Season. We can only dream....

I know it's not going to be pretty, but somehow, I'm still looking forward to it. Such a special Round, and such a special day to play on.

Lest we forget.

Back