• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 8: Rabbitohs v Storm

I was calling for Madge to be fired, so that's incorrect. Madge didn't have the same injury-ridden side as JD has been blessed with though.

Our issue isn't injuries. Injuries don't help but we have far more problems than injuries

Our issue isn't injuries. Injuries don't help but we have far more problems than injuries
Our injury toll has certainly destroyed any cohesion in this squad, so absolutely it's a reason. We've had to play Milne on the wing because both our wingers are gone. We have a bog average centre in Tass out there because our other centre Graham has gone. We've lost and then lost again probably our best prop in Tatola. We only just got back our workhouse edge in Arrow and have continued to lose players out of our 17 up until now. Add that to the fact we have a draw from hell and yes injuries are a major, major player in where we're at.

Our issue is the depth of players that we have aren’t good enough

Guys like Havili, Tass, Milne, Host, Chee Kam, Thompson are not up to nrl standards but for some reason JD thinks that they are and the sad thing is even if we had a healthy squad he would still pick these under performing players.

I was begging for a clear out last year and they kept off of these guys. The writing was on the wall and you could see this happening. Now we as fans are playing for it

Our issue is the depth of players that we have aren’t good enough

Guys like Havili, Tass, Milne, Host, Chee Kam, Thompson are not up to nrl standards but for some reason JD thinks that they are and the sad thing is even if we had a healthy squad he would still pick these under performing players.

I was begging for a clear out last year and they kept off of these guys. The writing was on the wall and you could see this happening. Now we as fans are playing for it
I agree , but how many were actually off contract. Not so simple just to offload players unless other sides are asking for them. We definitely need a cleanout . Where are the players to take their spots though ? Dolphins, Bulldogs , Tigers and Dragons have had room and have locked up a massive amount of available talent.

Bro Milne shouldn’t have a contract

This is the problem instead of signing the best young athletes and having competition for spots, JD signed and extended his Cutters squad

We have a football club headed by reserve grade management, a reserve grade coach and a top 30 littered with reserve grade talent where reserve grade is their ceiling

His coaching and his plodders are dragging those around them down.

Cook maybe average these days, but so is Mamo.

The club seems hell bent on trying to prove themselves correct and continue to back the wrong horses with a small target strategy

We are coming dead last, yet we still haven’t commenced a recruitment drive.

We still haven’t sacked a coach who’s only talent is an excellent variety of cliches and catchphrases

We signed a new defensive coach from the wooden spooners

The place is full of imposters and the only positive is that finally it seems the fan base is starting to catch on ( minus bundyrabbit & captainsutto😎)
You mysteriously failed to mention our injury crisis in your detailed report. So are we to believe this is just a ghostly apparition that didn't have any affect on the goings on of our current situation. I'm as pissed off as anyone , but get real and put all factors into what's gone wrong . It's so easy to just blame the coach and I have stated many times that I'm bewildered by some of his decisions. Put a decent squad in front of him and only then we can make a true decision on him. Yes recruitment sucks . Now do we know for sure and certain that this is all on the coach or are there others involved in these decisions ?

There is NO USE blaming injuries, I still see Penrith performing well . They have lost half a NRL side last 2-3 yrs and have injuries issues and keep winning ??
When RC and co took over SS I envisaged we were going to get a set up like Penrith.
As a lot have mentioned here we have a team of reserve graders.
Milne is an embarrassment to SS. and he keeps getting picked it is obvious their is no one else and Mitchell, don't get me started on the mist overrated NRL player.
Can anyone recall his last decent game (v Penrith last year ). Talks himself up and fails to deliver ( several times).
We have gone back to bad days of early 00's a struggling NRL side we will be entrenched in bottom half for the next 2-3yrs.

My team for next week
Gagai
Niszcot
Wighton
Tass
Fahey
Cody
Jye

We can blame the coach until the cows come home ,but he's not the one out there dishing up this crap.

He is the head coach, he is responsible for how we perform every week.

He is the one wasting Gray at fullback and not selecting Duncan, yeah, he is dishing this up.

Our injury toll has certainly destroyed any cohesion in this squad, so absolutely it's a reason. We've had to play Milne on the wing because both our wingers are gone. We have a bog average centre in Tass out there because our other centre Graham has gone. We've lost and then lost again probably our best prop in Tatola. We only just got back our workhouse edge in Arrow and have continued to lose players out of our 17 up until now. Add that to the fact we have a draw from hell and yes injuries are a major, major player in where we're at.
So, what's the reason for last years capitulation??
Nothings changed.
this Coach has no idea. He can't recruit, he can't even pick a team. Name one player who has improved under his guidance?
One player?
He's gotta go and it's been obvious that the players stopped performing from the Parra game last year. Injuries don't help the situation but the problem isn't injuries. It's that the Coach has no idea!

It's not any one thing it's the whole club from manangment ,coaching & the playing group exspecially the leading players.I believe the playing group is split and the coaching staff are powerless to stop whats going on because the managment doesn't want to fall on the sword & fix it by dropping a few big name players to reserve grade we're losing games with them so how can it hurt to let them know that they're not indispensible.It's so evident something drastic needs to happen the elephant needs to leave the room!!!

Back