• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 4: Rabbitohs v Bulldogs

Im actually swaying towards the Cody to 7 way of thinking. He's not effective playing 6 so we might as well try it . Bring a youngster up to play 6 and forget about a kicking game because unless Illias can get it done it isn't coming from anyone else.

I’ll add, people are way over the top on Hawkins kicking game today (sure he had a couple that were ineffective, but you’d swear he put a couple out on the full and one backwards the way people go on) and Latrell’s performance (Trell was solid out there in a side really struggling to pull anything together)
C’mon Poet.

His strength is supposedly his kicking game.

It wasn’t on display today…at least 2 kicks caught on the full in goal, and a very ineffective kicking game all round.

I actually think he was better in the second half in his on field play, but I can’t think of an effective kick all day.

Hopefully next week, he steps up again and actually shows the kicking game he is supposed to have.

Sutton was rubbish as ref. But good to finally get a win. Need massive improvement. Ruck defense atrocious at times. Walker needs to improve his form.

I’ll add, people are way over the top on Hawkins kicking game today (sure he had a couple that were ineffective, but you’d swear he put a couple out on the full and one backwards the way people go on) and Latrell’s performance (Trell was solid out there in a side really struggling to pull anything together)

Joey Johns mentioned how good Hawkins' kicking game was.

Woeful game, how anyone could be happy with that is easily pleased. Latrell walking around for most of the game, Hawkins worst kicking display I’ve seen since the Brad Watts days. This team will probably celebrate like they won a grand final
Really completion rate top class,goal line defense very good.canned in the penalties showed some real grit at last

That last try really annoyed me…as I thought we deserved to keep them to 2 tries.

But, that aside - the Bulldogs are a better team than they were last year, and I thought our resilience was bloody good.

We seemed to work very hard in defence and our scramble was a universe better than the last couple of weeks.

I hope the boys take a bit of confidence out of that.

Cody needs to improve, but funnily enough I don’t think he’s that far away.

Back