• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 4: Rabbitohs v Bulldogs

We only beat the Dogs and Titans playing like we did today, and lucky to beat the dogs..

Woeful game, how anyone could be happy with that is easily pleased. Latrell walking around for most of the game, Hawkins worst kicking display I’ve seen since the Brad Watts days. This team will probably celebrate like they won a grand final

A stay of execution.

Enjoy getting 2 points boys and let’s see if that can spark something for next week.

less errors and less penalties and less missed tackles. JD will see this as a big step forward. I’m still unhappy with the pace and intent everything is done with.

That was a gritty win in the end.

One of the stats showed us with no tackles in the opposition 20 in that second half.

We still have a lot of work to do, but our completion rate today was stratospheric.

And we defended Gerard Sutton’s absolute ****ing bias against us, really well.

We were caned in the penalties, it really as an appalling performance by Sutton, and his one eyed interpretation of a number of rules.

Wighton showed what he will bring to the team.

I thought Latrell was very involved and played well.

Burgess had a cracker.

Koloa played quite strongly

Murray was his usual peerless self.

I thought our kicking game was quite disappointing, except for a couple by Mitchell that gave us field position.

All in all an absolute arm wrestle with a team that is streets ahead of where they were last year.

less errors and less penalties and less missed tackles. JD will see this as a big step forward. I’m still unhappy with the pace and intent everything is done with.
I'm less harsh on them today. Ruck and 10m was absolute dogshit. Neither side could breathe. I'll take the W and move on.

Can’t wait for JDs press conference it will be a ripper

Has there ever been a dumber team to play in our colours than this mob. They just kept letting the dogs come at them. And anyone who thinks Hawkins is a better halfback than Illias needs their head examined. If he stays at 7 we'll be extremely lucky to get another win. I was hoping to see something from him and he was as dangerous or useful out there as a sloth on valium.

Woeful game, how anyone could be happy with that is easily pleased. Latrell walking around for most of the game, Hawkins worst kicking display I’ve seen since the Brad Watts days. This team will probably celebrate like they won a grand final

Honestly mate.

If you cannot take any joy at all in a win, regardless of the circumstances. Then maybe you need to re-evaluate whether this sport is good for you and your mental health.

Take a week off.

I’ll add, people are way over the top on Hawkins kicking game today (sure he had a couple that were ineffective, but you’d swear he put a couple out on the full and one backwards the way people go on) and Latrell’s performance (Trell was solid out there in a side really struggling to pull anything together)

I can’t think of a more one sided performance by a ref🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
Sloppy win, but we did everything we could, despite Sutton absolutely flogging us all game.

Much improved goal line defence today.
Sutton’s performance was absolute balls.

Canterbury were laying all over us all game, and we didn’t get one penalty.

We got absolutely caned on those penalties. Anything Sutton could find to penalise us for, he did.

I mean Burton was trying to drill Mitchell into the ground, and held him down for nearly 20 minutes and we got a restart. Should’ve been a penalty and a sin bin.

We won despite that shithouse performance by Sutton.

I'm less harsh on them today. Ruck and 10m was absolute dogshit. Neither side could breathe. I'll take the W and move on.
Yeah that’s true. That became an absolute piss take midway through the second half, missed the offsides the lying all over the ruck,
holding down and even a lifting dangerous tackle.

Good test of their endurance.

Honestly mate.

If you cannot take any joy at all in a win, regardless of the circumstances. Then maybe you need to re-evaluate whether this sport is good for you and your mental health.

Take a week off.
You enjoy being back in the early 2000s mate where winning a game was the greatest thing ever. This side should be killing shit sides like the dogs.

You enjoy being back in the early 2000s mate where winning a game was the greatest thing ever. This side should be killing shit sides like the dogs.

Of course I do. Me being happy we won this game means I enjoy being back in the early 2000s.

Back