• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 19: Rabbitohs v Dolphins

Yoohooo some great stuff from the captain's run all there today! The boys are looking good. Relaxed, but also focused and raring to go. I hope they are anyway.

Particularly love the 'behind the scenes' stories from today and what Jack said in the team huddle after training about tomorrow night's game is so true. "We do our f**king work first, then the good stuff comes off the back of that."

If we win tomorrow I wonder if they delay Jai Arrow surgery?

It’s a tough call. Pretty sure from the timeframes he mentioned the other day that he’ll only just be ready for next season if he gets it now (think he said 6-7 months to heal and then a month or so of contact leading into the new season).

So you are likely in a position where any weeks he plays over the next little bit, are weeks he possibly misses in 2025.

We cannot afford to have Arrow missing the start of 2025. We will have a premiership team next year so we need a good start. Also and probably more important is his welfare. If he needs surgery then he should get it done, not play heavy contact sport. It would be madness if he plays on.

Ohhhhh yeaaaaaaa!!!! Have just woken up on this beautiful Thursday morning and I gotta tell ya, I’m well and truly ready to go for this day. You know what day that is, game day!!! We take on the Dolphins tonight in what is set to be an absolutely bumper clash for Round 19. Honestly, waking up today, this feels like a sudden-death finals game. It honestly does, I just have that feeling in my stomach. Tonight is just one of those games we must win if we want to make our late finals run legit. It’s crucial we win today and there’s so much on the line.

Tonight, will be only the second time ever we’ve played the Dolphins, and the first-ever time we’ve played at Kayo Stadium. We obviously don’t have history and an intense rivalry with them yet, but I’m pumped to add to and build the history tonight.

This certainly isn’t going to be easy that’s for sure. No doubt this will be the toughest test we have faced in weeks, and it will be a step up in intensity for sure. They may have lost five of their past six, but this is a very good side we’re playing today. They have built a strong roster and have quality all across the park, particularly in their forward pack and I think that’s where the battle will be won tonight. Their form may have dipped a little, but I feel like this is the game where they’ll spring back to life and show us the top eight side they are. Do we have that next gear? Or has this run been a matter of just beating poor teams? We will find out tonight.

I do think we can win this today though, I really do. If, and I mean if, we go into this with the same sort of application, intensity, focus, effort and passion we have been recently, there’s no reason why we’re not a chance. We may be missing Trell and Cam, but we still have the likes of Walker, Wighton, Cook and Koloamatangi. I’m looking for a big game from Cody in particular tonight. It’s a big mental battle, but this is our chance to make a real, genuine statement. Go out there and do it lads!!

I’m ready for tonight and can’t wait to see the boys go at it again. Let’s f**king go!!

Show them who we really are.

Glory, Glory.

I would prefer Cook play 80 mins and carry another forward on the bench which would drop PM out of the 17. From Rabbits21 photos looks like Cody has the place kicking duties again. We need 7 from 7 conversion tonight. A continued 80 min intense effort, like the past few weeks, and we will walk away with the 2 points.

where did you see that?
Follow the first link on that post, it will take you to 'stories' of the captain's run yesterday. It's basically a bunch of behind the scenes clips and images from training. The last slide is Jack in the huddle.

Latest posts

Back