• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 19: Rabbitohs v Dolphins

I must say, Arrow getting surgery and Mitchell with a month plus injury has taken the wind out of my sails.

Not so much for the result tonight, but for the dream of a miracle finish to the season.

Hopefully that sentiment doesn’t flow through to the squad and a win tonight gets that positive vibe back on track.

I must say, Arrow getting surgery and Mitchell with a month plus injury has taken the wind out of my sails.

Not so much for the result tonight, but for the dream of a miracle finish to the season.

Hopefully that sentiment doesn’t flow through to the squad and a win tonight gets that positive vibe back on track.
I was just listening to the round preview of the Capt's run.

And Denan was saying that he'd interviewed Keaon yesterday (so Tuesday), and asked him what had changed.

Keaon's response is we're just having fun. Playing footy and having fun (from my dodgy memory of what was said).

To that end, as long as they keep that mentality - which will get harder, if they keep winning and the dream is closer - then they will cope with Mitchell not being there for a month, and Jai out of the season.

Of course they ain't going to win tonight, so all of this is academic 😉

Arrow said the same thing.

Which is proof footballers (and I’m sure many football depts) have no idea why teams do and don’t perform.

Arrow said the same thing.

Which is proof footballers (and I’m sure many football depts) have no idea why teams do and don’t perform.
I think you left out experts on footy forums in this analysis. 😉 😁

We cannot afford to have Arrow missing the start of 2025. We will have a premiership team next year so we need a good start. Also and probably more important is his welfare. If he needs surgery then he should get it done, not play heavy contact sport. It would be madness if he plays on.
I honestly think the chances of us playing finals this year, let alone competing for a GF, is pure fantasy. It's mathematically possible but that's about it. I suspect the last time we did something like that was 1955?

We need to plan for next year and just enjoy the ride for the rest of this year.

I honestly think the chances of us playing finals this year, let alone competing for a GF, is pure fantasy. It's mathematically possible but that's about it. I suspect the last time we did something like that was 1955?

We need to plan for next year and just enjoy the ride for the rest of this year.
I liked it because its a rational prognosis.

Well Game Day is here again get your colours on and get a moving! What a big Thursday Night game it is as we look to make it 6 in a row. Tonight we take on the Dolphins up there. This will be our toughest test in the last 6 weeks. For us we need to win tonight lose and it’s pretty much close to over for our chance to get into the finals. This isn’t a game we can afford to drop but it’s a tough one against a top 8 side. I expect Wayne will have the Dolphins right on at Redcliffe tonight I think they’ve lost 4 of their last 5 so they will be desperate tonight. For us we need to be right on from the outset. Wayne v Ben as well no doubt both will wanna get the win over one another it’ll be war for the 80mins then good mateship after the game no doubt.

Looking at the Dolphins they have a few out but young Katoa in the halves has been playing well and Nikorima too. Fuller out the back will be dangerous and will add spark I rate Fuller. Then out wide they have plenty of speed in Isaako, Averillo and the class of Farnworth. Up front they have a pack of very solid workers too who all know their job and do those little things well and effort areas. We can’t lapse in defence otherwise they’ll make us pay. For us we have our own big amount of players out it’s been a hefty injury toll. Tonight could be Arrow last game of the season as well. For us it’ll be about attitude we need to get into the grind and be patient Jack and Cody kicking game will have to be on. We can not make cheap errors or give cheap penalties the Dolphins are too good of a side and will make us pay. So we need our middles Moale, Keppie, Keaon to aim up lay the platform, same as our bench with Tom and Tallis as well to allow Cookie, Jack and Cody to get in the game. It’ll be good to see what Jye brings as well I’m sure he will do his job. The Dolphins will try get us out wide so Kennar, Gags, Milne and AJ need to be switched on. It’ll be good to see Blancy play his second game as well a good opportunity for the young kid. No doubt without Trell and Murray we lose an enormous amount but we can only ask the boys give it their best as long as the effort is there I’ll be proud either way.

OK EVERY RABBITOHS MEMBER AND SUPPORTER UP AS ONE ON YA FEET AT 7:48PM TONIGHT WEARING THOSE COLOURS PROUDLY AND STAMPING YOUR FEET CMON BOYS DIG DEEP AND LETS GO RABBITOHS GLORY GLORY!!!

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

BBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOO CMON GERRY GET EM ONSIDE MATE

BBBBOOOOOOOOO HIGH TACKLE PULL THE WHISTLE OUT OF YOUR ARSE

BBBBBOOOOOOO SECOND EFFORT AND FLOP LEG PULL WHERE IS OUR SIX AGAIN BBBBOOOOOOOOO CMON GERRY

CMON GERRY WHAT ABOUT REFFING FOR BOTH SIDES MATE BBBBOOOOOOOO

BBBBBBOOOOOOOO FORWARD PASS BBBBBBOOOOOO TOUCHIE WAKE UP

BOOOOOOOOOOO TACKLED WITHOUT THE BALL HAVE A LOOK

Fat lady hasn't sung and next year's a long way off. Who knows what could happen. COVID ring a bell ? Injuries during off-season? Concentrate on this year until it's mathematically impossible.

Fat lady hasn't sung and next year's a long way off. Who knows what could happen. COVID ring a bell ? Injuries during off-season? Concentrate on this year until it's mathematically impossible.
I'd love to be proven wrong, but the likelihood of us getting there is miniscule from a stats perspective. Season comebacks from where we were are incredibly rare.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but the likelihood of us getting there is miniscule from a stats perspective. Season comebacks from where we were are incredibly rare.
Yeh, but remember, a good slice of this squad have come back from injury so should be fresh and raring to go for our run home.

I just want to watch us get some more wins. So different to when we would hope for an occasional win.

I love the belief in the players.

If we get a win tonight, having Cam and Havili back will be massive next week, just sad to be losing Jai. Fantastic that we next have a 9 day turnaround next.

Latest posts

Back