• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 16: Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles

Happy to suffer through the cold for a win, but Christ we can slaughter tries. Keeping them to zero was the highlight tonight. So was Hornby’s acting quickly when Pete M was getting spotted in the line. JD probs would’ve been stubborn and left him out there with the game in the balance.

Mate he was never even the first choice hooker coming through the grades.

He played off the bench behind Josh Cook

My bet Wayne will be looking for a 9
He played 9 last year in a winning nsw side.

I'm enjoying watching our defence now. Its very supportive, like they are coming in from everywhere to make the tackle. The first 11 games it looked like we didn't have a full team on the field and were letting in 30 points a game. We have let in less than that in the last 3 games combined. And again in the last 2 minutes of the first half we did not let in a try. Time to creep up the ladder.

The game against Parra should be a ripper.

Happy to suffer through the cold for a win, but Christ we can slaughter tries. Keeping them to zero was the highlight tonight. So was Hornby’s acting quickly when Pete M was getting spotted in the line. JD probs would’ve been stubborn and left him out there with the game in the balance.
Damien and Keaon were our best. Pete I wasn’t impressed with tonight suspect in defence and when he came on we looked like we were missing something at hooker. Being live at the game could also Pete passes were a bit slower than Damien and were a bit loopy not as crisp slower service. That’s areas Pete needs to work on especially his service and defence. He wasn’t bad but not good either.

Pete’s defensive issues appeared to be a desire to tackle everything that moved so he was not centred in his channel and to often getting caught having gone left as Manly came toward his right.

Overall still has work to do to - but I think he can do it his way. No problem with having options and competition for the role but I suspect we need to get used to a different style to our ruck play in the future.

Pete’s defensive issues appeared to be a desire to tackle everything that moved so he was not centred in his channel and to often getting caught having gone left as Manly came toward his right.

Overall still has work to do to - but I think he can do it his way. No problem with having options and competition for the role but I suspect we need to get used to a different style to our ruck play in the future.
1000048644.jpg
There were worse defenders out there.

Stats never tell the story when it comes to defense.

You could fall off slightly on 3 tackles and it means nothing, you can miss one glaring and the opposition score.

Stats never tell the story when it comes to defense.

You could fall off slightly on 3 tackles and it means nothing, you can miss one glaring and the opposition score.
Well seeing they didn't score im not sure why the focus is on his defence. It's been the same story every game woth people talking about his defence and the stats show he has been just as effective as more experience players.

Well seeing they didn't score im not sure why the focus is on his defence. It's been the same story every game woth people talking about his defence and the stats show he has been just as effective as more experience players.

I never mentioned him.

I was talking about stats.

I had no problem with his defence last night but stats tell you next to nothing. It only tells the story of contact it doesn’t show anything leading up to that or no contact through poor defensive readings

Latest posts

Back