• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 15: Rabbitohs v Broncos

The kicking impact has been huge. Both Trell and Wighton taking on responsibility there has turned periods of games with single strikes.

It makes it even clearer how far off the mark Ilias was in that general play kicking regard.
Makes a big difference, both Ilias and Hawkins had average long range kicks and the use of Wighton and Latrell has fixed that. Our short kicking game is poor although Walker did a good kick for Keon's try, as a premiership winning half the coach should improve that.

It was impressive not only how long and high the kicks of Jack and Latrell were but they were also very accurate. Latrell especially was able to get a good long kick away when the defence was almost on him. And this in the rain. Gives us the opportunity of putting pressure on the opposition with a good kick chase. I can't remember to much of that prior to the last 3 games. Definitely a game changer.

This season has highlighted the difference between what players can do when there’s no one else to do it.

Latrell doesn’t unlock this new found involvement in the game, kicking and playing the distributor if we have a 7 doing a job.

I’d hope now that we’ve seen him do this, it stays next year even if we do have Dodd coming in.

Ditto Koloamatangi in the middle.

We don’t see that if Murray and Tatola aren’t busted and we aren’t struggling to fill a middle.

I really hope the skeleton of what is our next premiership run comes out of some of the adversity and exposure certain players have got though this shitty period.

Back