• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Damien Cook

That doesn't relate whatsoever about my point re: creating linebreaks against a reserve grade standard Manly side.
Yes it does. You very slow.

You tried to downplay Cook's 3 line break assists by saying he was against a reserve grade side, but neglected to mention he was playing with a reserve grade side, which made it equal.

Your anti Cook agenda failed.

Simples.

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents worth on Cook, he never, ever should have been playing hooker in the first instance.

How he tricked Wayne Bennett, the NSW selectors and even the Australian selectors for so long is one of lifes greatest mysteries.
Bennett got stuck with him and told him to just pass the ball and not to run........didn't you know that?

Bennett got stuck with him and told him to just pass the ball and not to run........didn't you know that?

Rabbitohs re-sign star hooker Damien Cook on bumper five-year deal
Wayne Bennett has already pulled off a win for South Sydney, with NSW hooker Damien Cook agreeing to stay at the Rabbitohs until the end of the 2023 NRL season.

December 5, 2018 - 4:46PM

HE was a dummy half battler who played only two games at St George Illawarra throughout 2013 and then just seven matches over the following two seasons at Canterbury.

Then, in 2016 and 2017 at Souths, he played 40 games, 22 of those from the bench.

Now Damien Cook is a NSW and Kangaroos star worth $3.5m. He is the poster boy for perseverance.

With a season still remaining on his current deal, Cook signed a new four-year contract keeping him at Redfern until the end of 2023. His overall deal is worth about $3.5m.

Damien Cook was rumoured to be in Brisbane’s sights.

The retention of Cook was a significant endorsement for new coach Wayne Bennett, who contacted the Blues hooker recently, while still Brisbane coach, encouraging him to re-sign.

Rabbitohs re-sign star hooker Damien Cook on bumper five-year deal
Wayne Bennett has already pulled off a win for South Sydney, with NSW hooker Damien Cook agreeing to stay at the Rabbitohs until the end of the 2023 NRL season.

December 5, 2018 - 4:46PM

HE was a dummy half battler who played only two games at St George Illawarra throughout 2013 and then just seven matches over the following two seasons at Canterbury.

Then, in 2016 and 2017 at Souths, he played 40 games, 22 of those from the bench.

Now Damien Cook is a NSW and Kangaroos star worth $3.5m. He is the poster boy for perseverance.

With a season still remaining on his current deal, Cook signed a new four-year contract keeping him at Redfern until the end of 2023. His overall deal is worth about $3.5m.

Damien Cook was rumoured to be in Brisbane’s sights.

The retention of Cook was a significant endorsement for new coach Wayne Bennett, who contacted the Blues hooker recently, while still Brisbane coach, encouraging him to re-sign.
Bennett is the one punting him from the club now, he's not going to make the same mistake twice.

Bennett is the one punting him from the club now, he's not going to make the same mistake twice.
Yes he is punting him now. A 33 year old hooker who is taking up more of our salary cap now than his output.

Not a 28 year old hooker who was a mainstay playing for NSW and Australia.

Yes he is punting him now. A 33 year old hooker who is taking up more of our salary cap now than his output.

Not a 28 year old hooker who was a mainstay playing for NSW and Australia.
Cook has never had the smarts to make a good hooker, he mainly just fed the ball to Reyno and Cody, he is a runner not an organiser in the mould of Cam Smith or Api........just my opinion and I don't want to get into an argument over it.

Cook has never had the smarts to make a good hooker, he mainly just fed the ball to Reyno and Cody, he is a runner not an organiser in the mould of Cam Smith or Api........just my opinion and I don't want to get into an argument over it.
Playing over 200 games in a position and also playing at the top level would suggest that he is a hooker.

Whilst he wasn’t those type of players he was his own player. He has been a good enough hooker for us over the years.

Sure you’re entitled to your opinion, but when in your original comment you say that he should never have been playing hooker you have to expect on a forum for people to come and debate that opinion.

Playing over 200 games in a position and also playing at the top level would suggest that he is a hooker.
It suggests other things to me, I think it was the dogs that first played him at hooker and that's where he stayed.

It suggests other things to me, I think it was the dogs that first played him at hooker and that's where he stayed.
Yeah and before that he struggled to make first grade where he was playing other positions. It wasn’t until he was moved to hooker he became a regular first grader.

That to me suggests he played in his correct position through his career.

Yeah and before that he struggled to make first grade where he was playing other positions. It wasn’t until he was moved to hooker he became a regular first grader.

That to me suggests he played in his correct position through his career.
It has been said that he played fullback before playing NRL and that's where his skillset lies as he is a dynamic runner with the football in hand but anyway Wayne isn't prepared to put up with it a second time around and he is on too much money to play as a #14 so it's bye bye Cooky and it won't surprise me if Flanagan works wonders and turns him into a weapon at the dragons.

Latest posts

Back