• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 12: Rabbitohs v Eels

Bullshit.

Everyone was trying, every year, to win the competition.
Really? Then why has Cook been carried in the 30 for so many years and we have continued to carry weak, slow or ineffective wingers
We as a club have made some mistakes and poor decisions especially around recruitment/retention and staff 💯. We have been unlucky with injuries, with the draw and travel schedules etc. That’s fine. But there is no way in the world that we sat by and said last year was good enough
Then why did we carry JD and his poor standards into this year?
You see the pattern don’t you? It’s taken us to become the worst defensive side in history for 1 person to lose their job. No players have been punted or others in the areas of sports science and high performance
so we won’t try this year, or that seasons haven’t been reviewed and try to implement improvements to take that extra step. We just sacked our coach mate. If we were happy with things, nothing would change at all.
If JD scrapes into the 8 last year, he’d still be here and Wayne would be off to Parra, despite the fact it was always evident JD was out of his depth with this playing group
I’m sorry but your take on this is idiotic.
And you’re just another apologist who has NFI about football and what it takes to be successful
You know South Sydney were founded in 1908. Have competed for the competition for 114 seasons (2 years excluded from the competition). Only won it 21 times. That is the most!
And that’s the issue we live on past glories and the accomplishments of others.
Winning the premiership is not an easy feat to accomplish.
Penrith don’t seem to be having a problem

I've noticed on Bunnies TV that the team does plyometrics early in their warm ups. Not ideal for muscles that aren't warmed up IMO.

Has Teaupa got a collection of voodoo dolls - Ilias, Hawkins and now Cody who all stood in his way of the 7 jumper

As soon as Cody was being talked about as playing halves for Origin he picks up an injury. The Origin halves curse is real. 😜

Well at least we should get to see Teaupa actually play halfback this week. Wighton won't be as on-the-ball as Walker has been.

Really? Then why has Cook been carried in the 30 for so many years and we have continued to carry weak, slow or ineffective wingers

Then why did we carry JD and his poor standards into this year?
You see the pattern don’t you? It’s taken us to become the worst defensive side in history for 1 person to lose their job. No players have been punted or others in the areas of sports science and high performance

If JD scrapes into the 8 last year, he’d still be here and Wayne would be off to Parra, despite the fact it was always evident JD was out of his depth with this playing group

And you’re just another apologist who has NFI about football and what it takes to be successful

And that’s the issue we live on past glories and the accomplishments of others.

Penrith don’t seem to be having a problem
Cook earnt his spot in our 30 for all of these years. He also earned rep honours playing for state and country and was regarded as one of the best hookers in the competition. Down on form? Yes. Playing to potential? No. The only one in our squad in the same boat? No. You see the pattern here?

We gave JD a chance to turn things around and he was not able to do so. Scraping into the 8 last season, I disagree, I don’t think that saves him. He still would have needed to show vast improvement this seasons after we fell off a cliff from midway through last season. Having said all that, it really is besides the point. Fact is, the club has made the necessary change. Wayne is back and we are better for it.

Another apologist? What am I apologising for? 🤔

I have some idea about football and what it takes to be successful. I don’t pretend that I am some kind of guru and know everything, but with your take on this topic as an example, it shows that you may know a little less.

Past glories should be celebrated. The past is good for nothing other than to learn from. Why wouldn’t we look at our successes and try to replicate that? Just as important to look at our failures and to learn from those, so that we can be better.

Penrith have done really well the last few years. They have won the last 3 grand finals in a row, a feat we have not seen since Parramatta in the 80s. Penrith have won 5 premierships in total. Having competed for the premiership for 57 years. A success rate of just under 9%. Our success rate? Just over 18% Why? Because again, winning this competition is no easy feat to accomplish. Even for Penrith.

Back