• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 12: Rabbitohs v Eels

I’m not going to get too carried away. Parra are probably the only team on par with us at this stage. It’s nice to get a win but we still conceded some woeful try’s and too many points in general.

It was pleasing to see a few of the boys have their best performances of the year and it was good to break the drought.

Hopefully we can build on that through the origin period and get ourselves off the bottom of the ladder. What I really want to see is a few games where we concede less than 20 points and start to get our defense in order.
Those woeful tries had to be expected, you're looking at a team with reserve graders and players out of position. Just about every team in the comp are going to struggle against a beast like Sivo out on the flank against 12 and players out of their usual position. There are no negatives that any of us have any right to bring out of that win. Just enjoy it !

Averillo could be a good get
Pretty sure he's off contract. I think he's a must get personally. Can cover just about everywhere in the backline and has speed to burn. Make it happen Wayne.

I’m not going to get too carried away. Parra are probably the only team on par with us at this stage. It’s nice to get a win but we still conceded some woeful try’s and too many points in general.

It was pleasing to see a few of the boys have their best performances of the year and it was good to break the drought.

Hopefully we can build on that through the origin period and get ourselves off the bottom of the ladder. What I really want to see is a few games where we concede less than 20 points and start to get our defense in order.
Ok we jumped in early. Was going to wait till tomorrow.

I’m not getting too carried away either, but we should’ve beaten the Cows last week as well.

I think we’d forgotten how to win, and last night’s game will instil some confidence in the squad.

We’re not challenging for the title this year obviously, but hopefully this gives the team a bit of a spark to go on a run, particularly with troops starting to trickle back.

And before I get accused of being a PollyAnna, our defence is still woeful and some of the interchanges we employ are just head scratching - particularly leaving Tom on the bench until the 60 minute mark (approx.).

I’m not getting too carried away either, but we should’ve beaten the Cows last week as well.

I think we’d forgotten how to win, and last night’s game will instil some confidence in the squad.

We’re not challenging for the title this year obviously, but hopefully this gives the team a bit of a spark to go on a run, particularly with troops starting to trickle back.

And before I get accused of being a PollyAnna, our defence is still woeful and some of the interchanges we employ are just head scratching - particularly leaving Tom on the bench until the 60 minute mark (approx.).
I'd love a coach who calls it as it is. We won but defence was still poor but I guess with the changes in the game it is an excuse

It looked to me as though Furner and Hornby got the team playing their way.
Koala at first receiver players looking to offload Etc.
The decision to play them in the forwards,well done all round!

Back