• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 12: Rabbitohs v Eels

The bye couldn't have come at a better time. I put half of last night's defensive issues down to a lack of combinations. With no injuries and hopefully no one picked for origin (yep, selfish from me, but our players really don't deserve it) we can train for two weeks and build this version of our team. We will be better for it.

I’m not going to get too carried away. Parra are probably the only team on par with us at this stage. It’s nice to get a win but we still conceded some woeful try’s and too many points in general.

It was pleasing to see a few of the boys have their best performances of the year and it was good to break the drought.

Hopefully we can build on that through the origin period and get ourselves off the bottom of the ladder. What I really want to see is a few games where we concede less than 20 points and start to get our defense in order.
Lots of this.

It’s a bit of a giveaway when Keppie, Moale and Koloamatangi all dominate that perhaps the opposition is below their best/par with the rest of the comp.

And yes, defensively we were poor. When they got down our end, most of the time they scored or went very close.

Which is perhaps to be expected given our casualty list.

Certainly nice to get a win.

Did anyone.else pick up a casual comment by Trell in the pressser, he was asked a question and his response was well......it all starts at the top pointing to Hornby, wasn't a dig at anyone and nobody followed up to explain further, hopefully the start of a few more wins

Would that be close to the most minutes moale has played in a game
3rd most this season. Had more against Sharks and Dragons.

The early possession domination helped our fatigue. Despite that, they still scored 4 of 5 tries in the final 20 of each half.

I think Keppie has been building up to this…at least this run of injuries guys like Moale and Keppie, Mamo are getting and extended run of games
Keppie had a great game -post contact metres, good defence & bagged a try .Keppie, moale ,kolo & host played good .

Coz no one trusts Taane
Funnily it was Deon telling them not to challenge it.
Can’t believe it’s taken this long to get Trell kicking in general play….it’s absolutely baffling that it has not happened sooner
He did most of the kicking last week. Ben Hornby is starting to put things in place now. Considering he was the assistant coach you have to ask how much of what he was saying was JD listening to?
Hhhmmmmmmmmmm

We certainly looked more harmonious tonight

Anyway, great win lads, great night out
Even though we scored 42 points I thought we played without anyone organising. Outside of the AJ try there was no backline movements in our tries.

The only other time we looked dangerous attacking the line was when AJ looked like he was going to score. The next play Cook put the kick through for Keppie.

There were other reasons we looked more harmonious tonight. Indigenous round, Wayne Bennett signing, players knowing they are playing for their futures here.

Cody plays and our backline movements look much better.
I’ve never seen a player asked so many questions at a post match presser. Says volumes about his popularity in the media.
That was their first opportunity to speak to him for a couple of months. They were going to take every opportunity to speak to him.

It was great to hear the crowd behind him last night. You could tell when they were doing the ceremony before the game he was focused.

Just came on here and haven't watched the game a second time. How the hell was their player not sent off for the him drop? It really looks like corruption!!
He wasn't even charged from the match review committee

He wasn't even charged from the match review committee
A friend of mine was at the game with a current referee. They were shocked that Ofehengaue wasn’t sent to bin and admitted that was worse than Latrell’s and if they were in the bunker would have been sent to the bin.

They did try and explain first what they look for and why the ref in the bunker ruled that was, but conceded in the end.

It just highlights how inconsistent the game is and how inconsistent the refs look at the rules.

How the absolute **** was Ofenhague not charged.

It was a “classic” hip drop.

And of course Mitchell was charged for a tackle that wasn’t a hip drop.

It is just head scratching inconsistency.

And watch Annesley or whoever it is now defend the quality of the refereeing.

Unfuckingbelievable.

A friend of mine was at the game with a current referee. They were shocked that Ofehengaue wasn’t sent to bin and admitted that was worse than Latrell’s and if they were in the bunker would have been sent to the bin.

They did try and explain first what they look for and why the ref in the bunker ruled that was, but conceded in the end.

It just highlights how inconsistent the game is and how inconsistent the refs look at the rules.
And instead of correcting last nights mistake in not binning Ofehengaue, they double down on the bad decision by not charging him.

That in itself is borderline corruption. Not taking an action to charge a clear breach of the rules, to help justify a previous action of not enforcing a clear breach of the rules consistently.

Mentioned it a million times before and nothing changes. The inconsistency in the enforcement of the games rules, whether it be onfield or the MRC afterwards, is the biggest issue with the sport at present.

And PS I would not be taking Kasey’s word for what should or should not be a charge or sin bin!

I didn’t mention any names. 😉
You were good keeping the identity hidden mate!

Hope the stuff you’re hearing about big changes coming sooner than later are true. It will keep the lads fighting hard for the rest of this year and give us a better chance for next year hey

Back