• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 12: Rabbitohs v Eels

He’s still struggling with fitness. Even with a 20min halftime break. Also felt his passing game was just a fraction off.

But we won. So, evs.
That’s why centres or 6 is where he should play

That’s why centres or 6 is where he should play
Yeh,but who else in our club right now has the motor for fullback. I don't think it's AJ with his dodgy hamstrings, but we probably need to go with that now. I'm hoping Wayne brings Averillo with him next year to play fullback.. Latrell can move to centre and Cody can play 5/8.

Yeh,but who else in our club right now has the motor for fullback. I don't think it's AJ with his dodgy hamstrings, but we probably need to go with that now. I'm hoping Wayne brings Averillo with him next year to play fullback.. Latrell can move to centre and Cody can play 5/8.
It’s no coincidence Bennett signs all the players put in

Back from the game

Few quick points:
-can’t believe it has taken this long for us to utilise the kicking game from Latrell. Much better than the lollipop kicks we are used to
- welcome back keaon
- best game Keppie has had in our colours
- well done to Dion for getting his first NRL try

Averillo could be a good get

We totally dominated the first 20 with high kicks, a solid chase and line speed. Not that complicated a game footy. Run hard, tackle hard and you’re in with a good shot. Yeh we got the wobbles, but with injuries, sin bins etc you got to expect that. Massive improvement against a team also suffering from low confidence and injuries…but sweat nonetheless. Glory, glory!

I’m not going to get too carried away. Parra are probably the only team on par with us at this stage. It’s nice to get a win but we still conceded some woeful try’s and too many points in general.

It was pleasing to see a few of the boys have their best performances of the year and it was good to break the drought.

Hopefully we can build on that through the origin period and get ourselves off the bottom of the ladder. What I really want to see is a few games where we concede less than 20 points and start to get our defense in order.

Agree Bundy. To be fair, I’ve never doubted his effort. It’s just he loses his head so often.
Will agree I called his defensive issues at half time but he does put in and made a lot of hard carries off our line - just learn to play the ball

Tonight made me realise how much I miss hunting or being the hunted. Nothing gets you up for a game like when you’re a top dog and you’re playing another team and just want a piece of them and you think of all the individual battles. You think of the energy or hussle or physicality of Sam, Gagai, C Graham, G Burgess or Issac Luke over the years in those big games and just crave it.

Yep… I absolutely get I’m not the one playing but something about that type of game and atmosphere makes you feel like you are and geez I can’t wait for that feeling to come back.

Back