• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Keaon Koloamatangi

Proof is in the pudding. Keaon has lifted in recent weeks.
Previously he shirked the hard rings clearing out in goal and doing the hard yards. That’s lazy. If you’re fatigued then you’re not fit enough. Do something about it.
He’s been doing the tough stuff lately and has been reaping the rewards but still needs to stop dancing around - just run hard mate!

Doing it for a few weeks is encouraging but it’s now up to Keaon to prove that he can do it week in, week out.
Yeah, I agree. That little shuffle he does before hitting the line seems pointless, he‘d be more effective just getting more leg drive into the tackle, that should improve his post contact metres.
He‘s certainly one player who has lifted enormously with the change to the coaching structure and the news that Wayne Bennett is now watching.

Murray is the best lock in the game. You wouldn't move him for anyone.

Keon can play in the middle quite well.

Serious question - is Keaon our long-term lock forward? With Murray on an edge?
Serious answer - I think Keaon in the middle is a lock (no pun intended).

Whether that’s at 10 or 13, I’m not sure. I’m not convinced that Murray is a good option on an edge.

I’d actually like to see Keaon at prop, Cam at 13 and Tallis at left edge. This could be interesting.

Serious question - is Keaon our long-term lock forward? With Murray on an edge?
I posted on the game forum

Vyonne confirmed it was Bennett who directed Hornby to move him to lock

I’ve always thought Murray long term should be on an edge, I think Duncan would good on the other

Then I guess it’s Tats and Arrow as our bench props

I posted on the game forum

Vyonne confirmed it was Bennett who directed Hornby to move him to lock

I’ve always thought Murray long term should be on an edge, I think Duncan would good on the other

Then I guess it’s Tats and Arrow as our bench props
Add Aitken and Royce Hunt to that rotation potentially as well and its a strong pack all of a sudden.

The Murray on an edge experiment has being tried and failed. He is not the same player. He does all his good work through the middle against the less agile big forwards, on an edge against more athletic and big bodies his impact is blunted.

He will still do a job but it won’t be near the level of his impact through the middle.

Keon can play in the prop rotation and do the same job he is doing now.

The Murray on an edge experiment has being tried and failed. He is not the same player. He does all his good work through the middle against the less agile big forwards, on an edge against more athletic and big bodies his impact is blunted.
Except that hasn’t been the case in Origin or Test level. He won NSW a series playing on an edge when he nullified Fafita and busted the line to set up the match winning try
He will still do a job but it won’t be near the level of his impact through the middle.
He hasn’t played many games at nrl level on an edge. So he has no combination with our halves
In Reggie’s coming through he destroyed teams on an edge. He runs the best outside in line in the business, coupled with an ability to start inside his opposing defender then float to his outside
No one questions Martin’s impact as an edge
It also greatly strengthens our defence on the edge. Having Dodd or Gray defend in between Murray and CG is a non issue
Keon can play in the prop rotation and do the same job he is doing now.
True, but I believe the pack looks way stronger and better balanced with Keaon at 13

Back