• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Random Stats Thread

Jeez that hammers home the reality. My god. What the hell has happened?

Interesting to look at the team stats as we approach the finals.

The Good:

1st Line Breaks
3rd Tries Scored
5th Run Metres Made
5th Dropouts Forced
11th Missed Tackles
13th Line Breaks Conceded
13th Offloads Conceded

The Middling:

8th Tackle Breaks Made
8th Tackles In Opposition 20
8th Penalties Conceded

The Bad:

1st One Pass Hitups
1st Errors Made
3rd Tackles Made
4th Run Metres Conceded
10th Kick Return Metres
11th Penalties Awarded
12th Kick Metres
13th Completion Rate
15th Goal Kicking %
16th Offloads

The Good:

1st Line Breaks
3rd Tries Scored
5th Run Metres Made
5th Dropouts Forced
11th Missed Tackles
13th Offloads Conceded

The Middling:

8th Tackle Breaks Made
8th Penalties Conceded

The Bad:

1st One Pass Hitups
1st Errors Made
3rd Tackles Made
4th Run Metres Conceded
10th Kick Return Metres
11th Penalties Awarded
12th Kick Metres
13th Completion Rate
15th Goal Kicking %
16th Offloads
The first two in the bad column tell the tale. We play very conservatively yet still make the most errors.

Cheers

We’re 4 wins from our last 11 games.

To make the finals, we’ll need to win at least 1 of our last 2.

So can someone tell me the last time a team that was 5 from their last 13 (or a best 6 from their last 13) made an impact in finals?

So can someone tell me the last time a team that was 5 from their last 13 (or a best 6 from their last 13) made an impact in finals?
The last time doesn't matter, the next time does.

The Good:

1st Line Breaks
3rd Tries Scored
5th Run Metres Made
5th Dropouts Forced
11th Missed Tackles
13th Offloads Conceded

The Middling:

8th Tackle Breaks Made
8th Penalties Conceded

The Bad:

1st One Pass Hitups
1st Errors Made
3rd Tackles Made
4th Run Metres Conceded
10th Kick Return Metres
11th Penalties Awarded
12th Kick Metres
13th Completion Rate
15th Goal Kicking %
16th Offloads
Those stats kind of put the lie to JD's game plan - we have the most one pass hit-ups yet still make the most errors, have a low completion rate, with the result that we make many more tackles and concede a lot of ground. Finally we don't have a decent kicking game to get us out of trouble and it all adds up to being on the wrong track.

Cheers

The last time doesn't matter, the next time does.
If it DID matter, 2019 would be precedent. Set by us.

After round 11 we were in first place and proceeded to win only 6 from our final 13 games (included 3 in a row to finish the season).

Very similar to this season where we also led the comp after 13 rounds.

Such was our lead over the first 11 rounds in 2019, we still managed to finish 3rd (16/8).

Loss week 1 to the Roosters, then a win v Manly and a Preim loss to the Raiders.

Win our last 2 and it’s a similar form line (though no second bite come finals). So perhaps there’s a season to salvage here after all.

If it DID matter, 2019 would be precedent. Set by us.

After round 11 we were in first place and proceeded to win only 6 from our final 13 games (included 3 in a row to finish the season).

Very similar to this season where we also led the comp after 13 rounds.

Such was our lead over the first 11 rounds in 2019, we still managed to finish 3rd (16/8).

Loss week 1 to the Roosters, then a win v Manly and a Preim loss to the Raiders.

Win our last 2 and it’s a similar form line (though no second bite come finals). So perhaps there’s a season to salvage here after all.
Is getting beat in a prelim this year a success though? Genuine question. I’d deem it a failure. It’d also be another prelim where we “limp” in and are not favourites etc

I cant take another prelim loss!

Is getting beat in a prelim this year a success though? Genuine question. I’d deem it a failure. It’d also be another prelim where we “limp” in and are not favourites etc

My prediction is a week 2 exit this year - probably to Melbourne in Melbourne

Bulldogs in 2014 and Cowboys back in 2017 both limped into the finals and ended up making the GF.

Getting to a preliminary final from where we are now would be considered a success, but overall the season from where we were round 11 would be a failure. Had we made the top 4 I have no doubt we could have given this competition a shake.

Back