• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Over 60s, Loneliness and Depression

It has been said that the best way to help yourself is to do something for someone else, this can be as simple as looking in on an elderly neighbour or going for walk and saying "good morning" to passers by with a friendly smile, I'm a 70 year old now and I actively look for people to help..........it seems to work for me.

It has been said that the best way to help yourself is to do something for someone else, this can be as simple as looking in on an elderly neighbour or going for walk and saying "good morning" to passers by with a friendly smile, I'm a 70 year old now and I actively look for people to help..........it seems to work for me.
And what suburb are you located, young Southsport?

I went to Birrong Boys back in late 80s early 90s. Grew up in Regents Park. Still in the area now. It has changed so much as you could imagine.

Love the pie shop there. One of the best around.
Same lady still runs that shop too and she hasn't aged a day

Same lady still runs that shop too and she hasn't aged a day
No she has moved on quite a while ago. Dianne was the original owner there. Asians run it now and have for a while. The quality hasn’t really dropped at all. The Hardware Shop is now gone as is the News agency. Sadly Mr McGuire passed a few years ago. He was a mad Rabbitoh as well.

No she has moved on quite a while ago. Dianne was the original owner there. Asians run it now and have for a while. The quality hasn’t really dropped at all. The Hardware Shop is now gone as is the News agency. Sadly Mr McGuire passed a few years ago. He was a mad Rabbitoh as well.
Yeah I meant the Asian lady. She's been running it for at least 20 years I reckon? Unless I'm mistaken. Pies are the best. There used to be a great hamburger shop down the road once upon a time too. And of course Legges was a staple. All Lebo now though. Grew up in Sefton so spent many an arvo there lol

Back