• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

Getting it off my chest...!!
As the nrl season comes to a close, there are a number of on field issues that annoyed the heck out of me with our team this year... nearly all of which were fixable and should have been fixed.
It's not the big things that I will mention, but an accumulation of many smaller points that were never addressed. Well here goes ... in no particular order:
1. Conceding first try in so many games ... scream ... fixable
2. Conceding a try just before half time ... scream ... why did we continue to bundy off with 5 to go? Great signal to bring into the dressing room at half time wasn't it? ... fixable
3. Mind numbing line dropouts ... fixable
4. Frequent inability to stop teams offloading ... scream ... largely fixable
5. Poor play the ball resulting in handovers ... fixable
6. Compressed defence when on our own line. 3 or 4 regulation passes from midfield dummy half and we were caught out wide...especially with our slow wings... fixable
7. Slow line speed in defence between the two 30 metre lines. Just let the opposition build up momentum and spin the ball wide to deep standing players...just asking for trouble... and trouble came.... fixable
8. Gassed out in last 20...fixable
9. Sloppy ill disciplined ball handling. Hand over to them to keep attacking and we keep defending... fixable
10. No 40/20's...practice practice..
11. Poor Bombs and kick chase ... fixable
12. Poor metres from back 5 too often ... spoiled by unimaginative one out football ... so easy for quick moving D to read and resultant shut down to our 6th tackle kick etc ... somewhat fixable
13. Make linebreaks and noone in support... fixable
14. Forwars hitting it up in the middle with with support player on either side to put uncertainty into defensive line ...not nearly enough... fixable instead of one out runs ... how about hunting as a pack?...fixable
15. No speed on our wings ... sometimes we get an overlap but you can just see its not going to go anywhere... roster issue ... hopefully better in 25.
16. Wingers racing in to shut down attack and missing the mark... fixable

Well, they are the onfield things that greatly irritated me this year.
Got them off my chest.
Why didnt the coach fix most of this stuff???? Terrible... and i'm not even mentioning things more generally like fitness and D in general or often predictable attack.
But all of these smaller things I have mentioned really add up during a game and in my opinion were chronic and not adequately addressed week in and week out by coaching staff and players
Anyway hope WB rectifies these and more and we are once again a premiership force in the seasons ahead
😁

Last edited:
Leaking tries before half time, not stopping offloads, line speed nowhere near it needs to be this has been an issue for a number of years now.

All predicted round 1 teams showing on foxsports.com.au
Interesting reading ... we not looking too bad in comparison...!

Yeah, Panthers and Storm still look very strong on paper. Roosters, Broncos, Sharks don’t look bad either.

A couple of issues LM will be suspended round 1 unless the NRL lets his serve his suspension in the All Stars. Also isn't Arrow not be back from injury unlit later in Round 1?
I thought that Arrow having his surgery when he did would allow him to be fit for round 1 2025. Otherwise delaying it further, he would have missed several of the early rounds. That's my understanding. Latrells round 1 availability is still in the hands of the Lawyers.

interesting section from Ivan Cleary's book:

Cleary peels back the curtain on how paramount he views the body language of his players during games and how his players are instructed to avoid putting their hands on their knees or heads when fatigued, a clear indication to the opposition that the Panthers are physically hurting, he writes.

He writes in great detail on the values that it takes to being a Panther; “If you’re not in condition to be fit enough to be able to play the way we value, you won’t play for us,’’

All predicted round 1 teams showing on foxsports.com.au
Interesting reading ... we not looking too bad in comparison...!
Amazing how different it looks with the injured players back in the side. Some things I would change but still a strong side. With a bit of cap space we may look even better come 26. I would like to see Leo Thompson in that 26 line up.

Getting it off my chest...!!
As the nrl season comes to a close, there are a number of on field issues that annoyed the heck out of me with our team this year... nearly all of which were fixable and should have been fixed.
It's not the big things that I will mention, but an accumulation of many smaller points that were never addressed. Well here goes ... in no particular order:
1. Conceding first try in so many games ... scream ... fixable
2. Conceding a try just before half time ... scream ... why did we continue to bundy off with 5 to go? Great signal to bring into the dressing room at half time wasn't it? ... fixable
3. Mind numbing line dropouts ... fixable
4. Frequent inability to stop teams offloading ... scream ... largely fixable
5. Poor play the ball resulting in handovers ... fixable
6. Compressed defence when on our own line. 3 or 4 regulation passes from midfield dummy half and we were caught out wide...especially with our slow wings... fixable
7. Slow line speed in defence between the two 30 metre lines. Just let the opposition build up momentum and spin the ball wide to deep standing players...just asking for trouble... and trouble came.... fixable
8. Gassed out in last 20...fixable
9. Sloppy ill disciplined ball handling. Hand over to them to keep attacking and we keep defending... fixable
10. No 40/20's...practice practice..
11. Poor Bombs and kick chase ... fixable
12. Poor metres from back 5 too often ... spoiled by unimaginative one out football ... so easy for quick moving D to read and resultant shut down to our 6th tackle kick etc ... somewhat fixable
13. Make linebreaks and noone in support... fixable
14. Forwars hitting it up in the middle with with support player on either side to put uncertainty into defensive line ...not nearly enough... fixable instead of one out runs ... how about hunting as a pack?...fixable
15. No speed on our wings ... sometimes we get an overlap but you can just see its not going to go anywhere... roster issue ... hopefully better in 25.
16. Wingers racing in to shut down attack and missing the mark... fixable

Well, they are the onfield things that greatly irritated me this year.
Got them off my chest.
Why didnt the coach fix most of this stuff???? Terrible... and i'm not even mentioning things more generally like fitness and D in general or often predictable attack.
But all of these smaller things I have mentioned really add up during a game and in my opinion were chronic and not adequately addressed week in and week out by coaching staff and players
Anyway hope WB rectifies these and more and we are once again a premiership force in the seasons ahead
😁
2. Conceding a try just before half time ... scream ... why did we continue to bundy off with 5 to go?

That's been happening since about 1908!

Latest posts

Back