• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Season 2024 Fan Review

1. Coach JD 60%
2. The draw 0%
3. Player fitness 10%
4. Player commitment 10%
5. Roster 0%
6. Rehab/conditioning team 10%
7. Skill levels 0%
8. Team selections 0%
9. Front office 0%
10. Team discipline and errors 10%
11. Defence 0%
12. Other? 0%
Comment: The coach affects every option. If we had Wayne last offseason, then 3, 4, 6 & 10 would not be an issue. The players should make the effort as part of their job but if it just not happening with the coach then everything falls appart. Fix that and it all works. The other options 2, 5, 7, 8 & 11 are not a problem if the players are good enough, which ours usually are. For 2024 though we had overriding issues that negated these options.
Absolutely ...in that case, JD will gey a really great score 🤣

Well the time to vote has come.
I have set the voting categories as shown below. They reflect the possible causes of our horrid year.

When you vote, just enter the category and its relative weighting as to how much it affected our year.
For example, if you just want 2 categories ... say coach 80% and Roster 20%, just vote as 1. Coach JD - 80 and 5. Roster 20.
You can enter percentages against as many as you like as long as they add up to 100.
If it is slightly over 100, I will adjust the highest ranking score accordingly.
No negative entries.
You can vote again if you have had a rethink.
Depending on the involvement levels, I will tally in say 3 or 4 weeks and publish the results.
The categories are:
1. Coach JD
2. The draw
3. Player fitness
4. Player commitment
5. Roster
6. Rehab/conditioning team
7. Skill levels
8. Team selections
9. Front office
10. Team discipline and errors
11. Defence
12. Other?

With 12. Other, as long as you enter a clear short description, I will try to accommodate that into the summary results.
Feel free to add comments after entering your voter details.

Thanks for your assistance and input on this.
37 percent coach
18 percent player fitness
5 percent player commitment
5 percent roster
5 percent rehab conditioning team
2 percent front office
8 percent defence/discipline/errors
20 percent injuries

1. Coach JD 45%
2. The draw 0%
3. Player fitness 10%
4. Player commitment 10%
5. Roster 0%
6. Rehab/conditioning team 10%
7. Skill levels 0%
8. Team selections 0%
9. Front office 0%
10. Team discipline and errors 10%
11. Defence 0%
12. Other? 0%
13. Injuries 15%
My new assessment including Injuries. JD gets a 15% discount. I think we were shot after the first 10 rounds and then leaving the whole mess for Hornby was a big ask. He did very well though but that really needed a Bennet or Belamy type coach, which we now have. There are always injuries but ours were long term, to key players and at the wrong end of the season. I have assessed injuries at 15% and not more because the reserves really did step up this season, especially Milne.

13: Injuries, especially start of the season. It put way too much pressure on guys who should not have got as much game time throughout the season as they did. 50%

2: Draw. Constantly being handed and asking for the toughest start to year draw, every year, puts us behind the 8 ball, even before a horrific injury toll. 30%

10: Team discipline and errors 10%

1: Coach 5 %

5: Roster, 5%

1. Coach JD 40%
2. The draw 0%
3. Player fitness 0%
4. Roster 0%
5. Rehab/Conditioning team 20%
7. Skill 0%
8. Team selections 0%
9. Front Office 0%
10. Team discipline and errors 5%
11. Defence 15%
12. Other? 0%
13. Injuries 20%

A lot of my reasons for this will become clear if you read my 2024 Season review.

This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name

Latest posts

Back