• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

So I'll ask were you calling for Madge's head as everyone was doing for our coach this year and last ? I don't see any difference whatsoever in what went down and I'm just trying to work out why the same criticism of JD has not corresponded to Madge ,who has been talked up comprehensively since he's been given the Broncos job. This is not talking up JD either, this is comparing both coaches .They both needed to go and they both did go. I still think our recent injury crisis has absolutely eclipsed anything during Madge's time here.
It’s pretty obvious Madge won 21 with us members and fans will always have a soft spot for Madge he came into our club wasn’t it at start of 2012 what a difference he made he will be in South Sydney folklore forever we are all so thankful to Madge. Comparing their demises for mine you can’t compare the 2 it’s stupid Madge is twice the coach JD will ever be and it’s not even close.

Of course Madge should be spoken up I think he will do well with the Broncos I think he will get the best out of that playing squad with his coaching style.

I agree with R95 points on the severe injuries we had in 2016 and 17 to people forget that. If we could ever have JD or Madge back I would take Madge in a heartbeat.

100%
For people who are so new to The Pride, they’re already destroying our once great forum.

The warren basically turfs people they don't want by bans or silent bans and they end up here.

I haven't been on the warren for years, maybe even 10 years and I can still tell who a Warren poster is.

I also think it's fallacious to say it's just a result of being injury prone.

23+ games every season at the Roosters as a centre.
17 or less games at season at Souths playing fullback.

More reps/km's run as a fullback leading to more injuries? Potentially.
More fatigue leading to sloppy decisions and dumb penalties? Maybe.
Poorer preparation and lower physical training standards at Souths compared to the Roosters? Probably.
Too much pressure on him to be the saviour of South Sydney? Likely.

There could be a myriad of reasons. Once, twice, even three seasons - sure, happenstance. But five seasons in a row...?

Something's gotta give.
Not all those are due to injury though.
He missed 2021 GF due to suspension.

If we move Latrell to centre, who do you propose we use at fullback to win us a GF?

His first 2 seasons here he only missed a total of 7 games through injury. He didn’t have an injury at all in 2021.

3 years in a row with 3 different injuries (hamstring, calf, foot) could be bad luck or poor prep that he’s learnt a lesson from. It isn’t ideal, but it isn’t unheard of.

See how he goes in 2025.

On the Roosters thing, I know my body changed some around 22-24, going from late teen to adult. GI filled out around this time too and had to rejig his prep to counter.

If we move Latrell to centre, who do you propose we use at fullback to win us a GF?
Agree. A couple of his injuries also had nothing to do with the position he played. It is made to look worse when his suspensions, which were all avoidable, are added on.

A

And then what about CG and Jack. We have 2 absolute quality centres for 2025. Unfortunately this season one was at 5/8 and the other was watching from the stands. 2 big ins for next year. Latrell can combine with both as at FB he can sweep both sides.

Ilias has informed Souths and Wayne he wants to stay put for 2025.

I have seen lots of Souths members and fans over social media and fan forums saying Ilias, Host and Havili can all go. What these people fail to realise is these 3 players are all contracted for 2025 we can’t force them out if they do not wish to leave.

1729067162689.jpeg

Ilias-Hastings swap deal off the cards​

South Sydney halfback Lachlan Ilias has informed coach Wayne Bennett of his intention to stay at the club despite the Newcastle Knights showing interest in his services for next year.

Lachlan Ilias is staying put, for now.

Lachlan Ilias is staying put, for now.CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES

The Knights and Rabbitohs held discussions about a potential swap deal that would have seen Jackson Hastings reunite with former Great Britain coach Bennett at South Sydney, paving the way for Ilias to head to the Knights.

Bennett was open to the idea, having worked with Hastings in the Great Britain side in 2019, but was not going to push to remove Ilias from the club despite the halfback requesting permission to explore his options elsewhere.

Ilias, who is much loved by his South Sydney teammates, called Bennett on Wednesday to get an understanding of where he stood, given the arrival of St Helens playmaker Lewis Dodd in 2025.

The Rabbitohs coach said he was happy for him to remain at the club and fight for his position, but would start behind Dodd in the pecking order. He also told Ilias that he could be used as a hooker. Ilias then informed Bennett of his desire to stay.

Looking forward to seeing what Lachie can bring under Wayne Bennett, could be anything in the NRL.
Very solid defensively, just needs some fine tuning in attack.
Great that he actually wants to stay with the club.

Ilias has informed Souths and Wayne he wants to stay put for 2025.

I have seen lots of Souths members and fans over social media and fan forums saying Ilias, Host and Havili can all go. What these people fail to realise is these 3 players are all contracted for 2025 we can’t force them out if they do not wish to leave.

View attachment 2915
I'm good with this. I would rather keep illias over Hastings. Hastings is a good footballer and at this stage probably a little better than Illias. But illias still has a lot to offer especially under WB. Also he apparently fits in well with the players here too.

I’m of the mind everybody loses with that call.

We’d be better off with Hastings, and Ilias would be way better off (career-wise) at the Knights.

The only caveat there is if Lachie sees himself as a 9 and wants the opportunity to make that position his own. Then it’s a little more line ball.

Latest posts

Back