• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

The centre pairing of Michael Chee Kam and Taane Milne are two players uncontracted for 2025 and beyond. They now have the chance to trial for their livelihoods, playing outside a halves combination consisting of two Origin-calibre operators.

Wayne will re-sign taane

Phil gould on Blake Taafee

I love Blake Taaffe ... He’s very talented ... We are going to play Blake in NSW Cup in the Halves for a few weeks ... I’ve always felt he could be NRL quality in these positions ... I’m very keen to see how he progresses ... We know he can cover fullback ... But we bought him with a view to seeing if he can develop as a half ...

I love Blake Taaffe ... He’s very talented ... We are going to play Blake in NSW Cup in the Halves for a few weeks ... I’ve always felt he could be NRL quality in these positions ... I’m very keen to see how he progresses ... We know he can cover fullback ... But we bought him with a view to seeing if he can develop as a half ...

Amd yet we never let him play there in the offseason. Gould full of it again.

It always annoyed the he'll out of me that we never tried him there apart from in one preseason game when he was about 18 and he was brilliant.

Gus putting his stamp on things as Ciraldo said the opposite a month or so ago🤔
Really?

Because I spoke directly with a family member when Taaffe signed.

Apparently Gouod said point blank to Blake
‘That they saw him as a fullback. Believed Chricton’s build wasn’t suitable for the modern fullback and Blake had that Slater/Walsh build that Gus believes is the ideal fullback body shape

They then proceeded to give Blake tape of those fullbacks and asked he studied their positioning and so forth

Or the true story, Blake played all his junior football at half, and represented alongside of Burton, who want him playing inside him.

Really?

Because I spoke directly with a family member when Taaffe signed.

Apparently Gouod said point blank to Blake
‘That they saw him as a fullback. Believed Chricton’s build wasn’t suitable for the modern fullback and Blake had that Slater/Walsh build that Gus believes is the ideal fullback body shape

They then proceeded to give Blake tape of those fullbacks and asked he studied their positioning and so forth
I’m confident I heard Gould state his thoughts on Taafe possibly having potential as a half in the off season. Despite the plans for him at fullback. He has said he saw potential as a 6 or 7 in him I’m pretty sure, regardless what might have been sold to Blake as a first option.

He doesn’t have the acceleration/speed for fullback. And it appears no one has the motor Edwards has.

Last edited:
I’m confident I heard Gould state his thoughts on Taafe possibly having potential as a half in the off season. Despite the plans for him at fullback. He has said he saw potential as a 6 or 7 in him I’m pretty sure.
I have a similar recollection

FMD, they really are just puppets for Politis aren't they. The spin they put on shit to make them look good.

"The Roosters have attempted to clear salary cap space to retain Crichton by allowing Sitili Tupouniua to sit down to discuss his future with rivals."
Yeah, no they didn't. The told ST he could leave so they could fit in Fifita. **** the truth hey lads.
It's just so cringeworthy the history re-writing these tools find ok to serve their master

Back