• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

2024 State of Origin

We will miss Trells kicking game.

Wighton needs to practise his kicking game and take charge of it.

Manly will be missing key players.

This game is still winnable
Agree I have faith we can do it I’ll be there next Saturday

I have patiently followed Pride for many years and refrained from comment.
I have been an avid Souths supporter since 1967... showing my age I know!
But, I find this absolutely disgraceful.
First and foremost, I support Souths. NOT SOO!
This year, we have had 12 to 17? Players out.
We still have heaps (Not all reported ... e.g. Shaq, Tass, Host ...)
But we win some games and the Origin Vultures move swiftly... 2 out now?
And look at Sharks for instance... lead competition... magic carpet ride draw (no arguments) ... AND ZERO ORIGIN PLAYERS??????
WHAT SORT OF GARBAGE IS THIS?????
We still have small chance of making the eight .. but this is now severely hampered! Souths NRL is for Souths fans ... but we have been fetlocked!

SCRAP THE CURRENT ORIGIN SCHEDULE ... TOTAL LOBSIDED GARBAGE...
We (our family) will not watch the rest of SOO ... PS ... My son is a Broncos supporter... can you guess how he feels?

When did LM GET injured last year?

Lets face it ... SOO in Not what it used to be??

Hold it at end of year ... or during year with NO NRL matches in 3 week period so it is fair FOR ALL TEAMS ... or scrap it all together... I dont really care!

What I do want to see is NRL matches and international matches are good too!!!

Am I the only true blue (cardinal & myrtle) supporter who thinks this way? Or even NRL Supporter of other teams???

Not trying to cause any offence to others who feel differently... I will try to understand your viewpoint...just wanted to share/vent my thoughts about this... Apologies in advance if you offended... not my intention!

Mate I'm on record on here as despising Origin as a concept. But I'm still happy for the players to get due recognition.

We will miss Trells kicking game.

Wighton needs to practise his kicking game and take charge of it.

Manly will be missing key players.

This game is still winnable
Sure will, Cherry-Evans, Jake T, Olakau'tau, Garrick (Concussion) and Paseka (thumb).

I'm trying to understand how a bloke who's not even the captain of his club side can be captain of an Origin team...🤔🙄

Happy for our boys but damn it's going to make Saturday hard...
I think Manly will miss DCE, Jake and Olakuatu (however you spell it) more than we’ll miss Murray and Latrell.

Murray’s missed a bit of footy recently and we did ok without him. Hopefully Gray’s back this week. He’ll slot in ok.

I have patiently followed Pride for many years and refrained from comment.
I have been an avid Souths supporter since 1967... showing my age I know!
But, I find this absolutely disgraceful.
First and foremost, I support Souths. NOT SOO!
This year, we have had 12 to 17? Players out.
We still have heaps (Not all reported ... e.g. Shaq, Tass, Host ...)
But we win some games and the Origin Vultures move swiftly... 2 out now?
And look at Sharks for instance... lead competition... magic carpet ride draw (no arguments) ... AND ZERO ORIGIN PLAYERS??????
WHAT SORT OF GARBAGE IS THIS?????
We still have small chance of making the eight .. but this is now severely hampered! Souths NRL is for Souths fans ... but we have been fetlocked!

SCRAP THE CURRENT ORIGIN SCHEDULE ... TOTAL LOBSIDED GARBAGE...
We (our family) will not watch the rest of SOO ... PS ... My son is a Broncos supporter... can you guess how he feels?

When did LM GET injured last year?

Lets face it ... SOO in Not what it used to be??

Hold it at end of year ... or during year with NO NRL matches in 3 week period so it is fair FOR ALL TEAMS ... or scrap it all together... I dont really care!

What I do want to see is NRL matches and international matches are good too!!!

Am I the only true blue (cardinal & myrtle) supporter who thinks this way? Or even NRL Supporter of other teams???

Not trying to cause any offence to others who feel differently... I will try to understand your viewpoint...just wanted to share/vent my thoughts about this... Apologies in advance if you offended... not my intention!
I hear you. I like the origen games but despise the the disruption to some of the NRL teams, especially ours. No reps from Sharks. They get a leg up. Although we are down with injuries and now without Trell and Murray to SOO we still have a good team this week and we will just have to tough it out. The best accomplishments come from the most trying circumstances. This will make a win over Manly so much better.

I think Manly will miss DCE, Jake and Olakuatu (however you spell it) more than we’ll miss Murray and Latrell.

Murray’s missed a bit of footy recently and we did ok without him. Hopefully Gray’s back this week. He’ll slot in ok.
Just remember that in addition to LM & CM, we also have Grahem, Tass. Tatole, Shaq, Munro. Illias, Hawkins, etc...etc out

Just remember that in addition to LM & CM, we also have Grahem, Tass. Tatole, Shaq, Munro. Illias, Hawkins, etc...etc out

They have other players out, like Turbo, Aloiai, Arthur, Lodge

Players like Sipley, Paseka, Wadell are in doubt as they got injured in Sunday's game

Their team is hit hard just like ours.

Considering how well he went last year and his current form, why didn't Kolamatangi get a look in this year?

Agree, he could have easily been selected. Along with the team when the coaching situation was officially sorted it was like Keaons batteries were replaced. Madge probably needed to see a couple more weeks of his form though as it wasn't that long ago he looked a bit lazy. The selfishness in me is glad he was not selected but I expect Keaon to be in the 3rd game.

We have been playing without those players for a while now. We are now on a winning run. Manly have been struggling without Turbo. They look a much better team at Brookie than they do away.

Considering how well he went last year and his current form, why didn't Kolamatangi get a look in this year?
When the first team was named his form was so far away from what got him picked in the first place. No doubt his form the last month would have put him in the minds of selectors. I guess Cam Murray coming back ensured that it wasn’t going to happen.

Latest posts

Back