• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

Can someone explain to a dumbo like me in what world this PNG team is going to work? I seriously do not get it 1 bit based on all the info we’ve been presented.

Those in charge of the decision making seem so non chalant about it that I’m confused at what I’m missing..

All I can think of Bully is that Canberra will be throwing bucket loads at this (and rugby league) to make it worthwhile for the NRL.

Can someone explain to a dumbo like me in what world this PNG team is going to work? I seriously do not get it 1 bit based on all the info we’ve been presented.

Those in charge of the decision making seem so non chalant about it that I’m confused at what I’m missing..
It goes one of two ways, in that it’s either PNG lite (and they are actually a North QLD team who play some home matches in PNG), or they go all the way, and create a player compound and training facility for players and families to live. The incentive payments to get players to live there would be huge.

china-trump.gif

It goes one of two ways, in that it’s either PNG lite (and they are actually a North QLD team who play some home matches in PNG), or they go all the way, and create a player compound and training facility for players and families to live. The incentive payments to get players to live there would be huge.
I just can’t see a world in where either of those options works. From all reports isnt it going more down the compound path? Thats hilarious to me. Maybe I’m guarded or something but I can’t see X amount of NRL players wanting a piece of that and almost no chance if you have a wife or kids.

Rugby League being used a bargaining chip in a proxy war is pretty wild when you think about it
It’s absolutely disgraceful that Abdo and V’Landys are allowing our game to be used as a pawn in this war game.

Complete and utter farce.

The CeO of Ipswich Jets was interviewed by Dobbo on MMM Brisbane last night. He made some really salient points about it all and how it simply will not work. Worth a listen if it’s online somewhere

Its a waste of money but saying that the relationship is important especially with the investments China has made.

Its insanity , its more about politics and money rather than actually doing something for fans and the sport, home games in PNG would be played at average 30 degrees, players would have to be housed behind gated communities with guards , the travel times for Sydney and Melbourne based teams would be lengthy, its a really dumb idea that only a small percentage of fans would support imho..

I just can’t see a world in where either of those options works. From all reports isnt it going more down the compound path? Thats hilarious to me. Maybe I’m guarded or something but I can’t see X amount of NRL players wanting a piece of that and almost no chance if you have a wife or kids.
It will be just like a covid lockdown facility.

No chance if you are single either.

Back