• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Lewis Dodd

If AJ never was moved to fullback he would have already broken the record. I still think scoring 195 tries so far in a career is pretty damn good.
Just saying there is more on offer if he left his wing every now and then

If AJ had this awareness in his game he would have had the record by now, something Merritt excelled at.
Careful the claws will come out, I’ve pointed this out a few times and it doesn’t get taken well.

Apparently it’s also hard to score tries at fullback, but it didn’t seem to hamper Slater

If AJ never was moved to fullback he would have already broken the record. I still think scoring 195 tries so far in a career is pretty damn good.
Too funny I predicted this excuse in my last post

Re Dodd in the St Helens v Hull FC game. Hull FC are a bit like West Tigers. Dodd backed up for both the trys he scored, one from a Bailey Sironan break, (former Rabbitoh). Dodd is a very regular support player and in this game he was backing up at speed multiple times without getting the ball. Could be good off a Latrell offload. Ran the ball a few times without doing anything spectacular but was ok. Kicking game was good. 2 out of 2 close to the line kicks could have been scored off but were line drop-outs instead. His other kicks maybe only one was a "lollipop" the rest were highish bombs similar to what Sexton did to us when we played Raiders. That is the kicks were high enough for an effective kick chase or aerial contest of the ball. Similar to Reynolds but his long kicking game is not as good. Also Dodd runs the ball a bit more. It's hard to assess Dodds defence in this game when they won by 40 points. Although Hull FC are down the bottom of the ladder he had a good game.
What about St Helens 18 year old FB Harry Robertson. Would be great on our wing but unavailable.

Confidence is a big factor, especially if you’re the halfback. When he’s on form he’s a good player. A few good games and I think he’ll be a key player for the rest of the season.
The fullback Harry Robertson is only 18 and has only played a few games and has been a standout, even in a losing team. He’s one of the top prospects in England and is an out and out FB. Welsby will probably move to 6 next season to accommodate Robertson at FB. They’ve also got Stephens, Delaney and Burns coming through in the pack.

Confidence is a big factor, especially if you’re the halfback. When he’s on form he’s a good player. A few good games and I think he’ll be a key player for the rest of the season.
The fullback Harry Robertson is only 18 and has only played a few games and has been a standout, even in a losing team. He’s one of the top prospects in England and is an out and out FB. Welsby will probably move to 6 next season to accommodate Robertson at FB. They’ve also got Stephens, Delaney and Burns coming through in the pack.
He does look like a player at the moment that is ready for something else. Not a lot of spring in his step compared to the guys in the team that owned the result.

Provided he's better than Ilias, Hawkins and Teaupa it's a step in the right direction.

I can see why Wellen wants Robertson in the team and as Dodd is not in St Helens future he could be the replaced. I have only really focused on Robinson this one game but he really looks the goods. For anyone who doesn't watch ESL picture a 6' 3" Jye Gray. I know he is not available because Canberra haven't signed him.

Provided he's better than Ilias, Hawkins and Teaupa it's a step in the right direction.
Yes it is a step in the right direction for the club. Just for an example, Roosters imported 4 stars in 2 years. Smith, Leniu, Young and Watson that I can think of. All representative players. Dont even start on the Dogs signings. We have imported 3 in 4 years Latrell, Arrow and Jack. There was one year we didn't really sign anyone to our top side. So, regardless of the viewpoint on signing of an ESL half, it is a very positive step forward for our club. We'll done Rabbitohs recruitment team, (WB).

I can see why Wellen wants Robertson in the team and as Dodd is not in St Helens future he could be the replaced. I have only really focused on Robinson this one game but he really looks the goods. For anyone who doesn't watch ESL picture a 6' 3" Jye Gray. I know he is not available because Canberra haven't signed him.
I thought the same thing. Like a Jai Gray who doesn’t have to worry about height. So likely running the ball.

St Helens v Salford tomorrow morning at 5 am. (I wish they would play at a decent hour like 8 pm, as we do). I think Dodd will be playing. It is a home game for St Helens at probably the best named home ground in football. The Totally Wicked Stadium. That's badass!!

Just read this positive article. Dodd has a good attitude about being dropped and on building his game. Couldn't do better than a few seasons with WB.

Latest posts

Back