• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

2024 International Footy

While driving to work today, I placed a 'hands free' call to SEN 693 with a couple of ideas. The man who took the call was very interested and said they would call back ... but it was close to end of show, and I told them I driving...etc...so ended there...
Anyway, my thoughts were:
WCC:
- Why not make the 2 GF Winners automatic selections for Las Vegas.
They both arrive earlier with financial renumeration and play WCC.
ESL team stays on and plays against another ESL team
NRL team stays on and is one of 4 nrl teams to play nrl round 1.
Promotes the game for nrl AND ESL etc.
INTERNATIONAL MATCHES:
- Hold a regional championship every 4 years
- two years after each world cup
- the 4 teams are:
- Australia
- NZ
- Northern Hemisphere combined
- combined Pacific Islands & PNG
What league supporter in their right mind would not follow that???
BIG prizemoney ...much to the players
Could be played anywhere...countries to bid!
Would give winning team the title of world champions and give e.g. pacific team huge prestige and bring them closer together ... RU has nothing like it and so we could realistically entice more pacific and nz etc players over to nrl from RU
One day, there may even be a USA player in the northern team plus 1 or 2 French players
Why not innovate and invigorate the international calendar instead of the current one ...where, lets face it ... the world cup final is usually Australia v NZ and Australia wins.
Such a competition may also entice more players elligible for Australia or NZ over to the pacific nations team to further even up the scorecard...
Aside... the Pacific Nations/PNG Haka would be an eye opener wouldn't it?
Crazy or good idea????

Think the eligibility rules would need to be tightened up too.
If the prizemoney was big enough, it may encourage more players to make themselves elligible at year end... injuries excepting of course.
Maybe Albo can toss in a few million in the cause of pacific unity 🤣🤣
Maybe this is just a fruitless thought bubble...

As an Englishman I wouldn’t support a combined NH team. I wouldn’t be the only one either. Possibly GB but that’s it. It would basically just be England anyway

As an Englishman I wouldn’t support a combined NH team. I wouldn’t be the only one either. Possibly GB but that’s it. It would basically just be England anyway
As a fellow Englander, yes it would be primarily GB but I would be open to the idea personally.... ps...thanks for the comment.

As a fellow Englander, yes it would be primarily GB but I would be open to the idea personally.... ps...thanks for the comment.
I guess anthems would be a problem too.....still, very different thing I know but look at the IPL cricket how successful that is.

For me personally I’d like to see England playing regularly against the SH teams. Could have a 6N with the top 5 SH plus England.

For me personally I’d like to see England playing regularly against the SH teams. Could have a 6N with the top 5 SH plus England.
Or just GB instead of a NH team? And England does already play SH teams.

I’d personally prefer England, mainly because there’s probably not any players from the other home nations that would make it a credible GB team.
I know they already play them, I’ve got my tickets for Samoa at Headingley. I’d just prefer something a bit better organised such as a 6N or 4N

While driving to work today, I placed a 'hands free' call to SEN 693 with a couple of ideas. The man who took the call was very interested and said they would call back ... but it was close to end of show, and I told them I driving...etc...so ended there...
Anyway, my thoughts were:
WCC:
- Why not make the 2 GF Winners automatic selections for Las Vegas.
They both arrive earlier with financial renumeration and play WCC.
ESL team stays on and plays against another ESL team
NRL team stays on and is one of 4 nrl teams to play nrl round 1.
Promotes the game for nrl AND ESL etc.
INTERNATIONAL MATCHES:
- Hold a regional championship every 4 years
- two years after each world cup
- the 4 teams are:
- Australia
- NZ
- Northern Hemisphere combined
- combined Pacific Islands & PNG
What league supporter in their right mind would not follow that???
BIG prizemoney ...much to the players
Could be played anywhere...countries to bid!
Would give winning team the title of world champions and give e.g. pacific team huge prestige and bring them closer together ... RU has nothing like it and so we could realistically entice more pacific and nz etc players over to nrl from RU
One day, there may even be a USA player in the northern team plus 1 or 2 French players
Why not innovate and invigorate the international calendar instead of the current one ...where, lets face it ... the world cup final is usually Australia v NZ and Australia wins.
Such a competition may also entice more players elligible for Australia or NZ over to the pacific nations team to further even up the scorecard...
Aside... the Pacific Nations/PNG Haka would be an eye opener wouldn't it?
Crazy or good idea????

There would be financial constraints booking out Allegiant stadium two weeks in a row & is probably spreading the whole rugby league thing a bit far
Might work better in amongst magic round Either here or in England

Latest posts

Back