• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Latrell Mitchell

We have to start questioning his weight and the position he plays. Since gaining weight and playing fullback he has suffered injury after injury possibly a coincidence but most likely not.

We have to start questioning his weight and the position he plays. Since gaining weight and playing fullback he has suffered injury after injury possibly a coincidence but most likely not.
You can’t be serious? What about this injury has anything to do with his weight?

Last year his injury was at Blues training where he was training in the centre position.

The first big injury he had his leg was caught in a terrible position by having Jaxson Paulo land on it forcing the injury.

I guess this is just your way of wanting to once again have a dig about his weight and trying to say he shouldn’t be our fullback. 🤦🏻‍♂️

It drives me crazy how much football Trell misses and I’m a fan. I know you can’t blame him for the majority of the injuries he’s endured, but the dude just doesn’t give us a full season and I’m so over it.

It’s like being in a relationship that you know isn’t going to work out but “when it’s good it’s great” so you ignore the inevitable disappointment over and over and over and over and over again.

This injury is bad luck this injury is nothing to do with weight

You can’t be serious? What about this injury has anything to do with his weight?

Last year his injury was at Blues training where he was training in the centre position.

The first big injury he had his leg was caught in a terrible position by having Jaxson Paulo land on it forcing the injury.

I guess this is just your way of wanting to once again have a dig about his weight and trying to say he shouldn’t be our fullback. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Speak to any doctor, physio and chiropractor. Excess weight puts extra pressure on joints and muscles. His injuries are below the hip. You can sit back and say it's bad luck or we cam look at the optimal weight range for the position he plays or moving him.

I'm not a doctor and neither are you. But if the club isn't getting professional advice on this they are not doing due diligence.

It drives me crazy how much football Trell misses and I’m a fan. I know you can’t blame him for the majority of the injuries he’s endured, but the dude just doesn’t give us a full season and I’m so over it.

It’s like being in a relationship that you know isn’t going to work out but “when it’s good it’s great” so you ignore the inevitable disappointment over and over and over and over and over again.
Here’s the thing. No player wants to be injured. The suspensions are what we should be pissed off about. This sport that we are all fanatic about is one of the most brutal sports in the world. Injuries happen all the time. I’m never going to be pissed off at a player because he is injured.

Ok so we have lost him for anywhere from 4 weeks to the entire season.
I'm interested to see Thursday night what sort of mental effect his loss has on the team.
Hopefully we carry on regardless and smash the Dolphins.

Speak to any doctor, physio and chiropractor. Excess weight puts extra pressure on joints and muscles. His injuries are below the hip. You can sit back and say it's bad luck or we cam look at the optimal weight range for the position he plays or moving him.

I'm not a doctor and neither are you. But if the club isn't getting professional advice on this they are not doing due diligence.
So it’s his weight that caused this injury? Is that what you’re suggesting?

I don’t need to be a doctor or neither do you to know that the injury the other night had nothing to do with his weight. It’s just another chance for you to have another shot at Latrell.

The injury in 2020 had nothing to do with his weight. Put anyone’s leg in that position and see what happens.

I guess there isn’t any other players that get lower leg injuries that isn’t carrying extra kgs?

So it’s his weight that caused this injury? Is that what you’re suggesting?

I don’t need to be a doctor or neither do you to know that the injury the other night had nothing to do with his weight. It’s just another chance for you to have another shot at Latrell.

The injury in 2020 had nothing to do with his weight. Put anyone’s leg in that position and see what happens.

I guess there isn’t any other players that get lower leg injuries that isn’t carrying extra kgs?
Kempy. Look I can't block you because you are a mod. Do me a favour and just don't reply to my.posts.

You don't like any critism of any players.

My opinion is as follows. He carries too much weight and this likely contributes to his injuries.

You don't like my opinion? You know where you can shove it.

Latrell doesn't run himself ragged like some of the other FBs or like Camm did last year. I can't see the injuries being directly related to being overworked due to the position he plays, but I emphasise that I am not a doctor. His injuries could be just a run of bad luck. He has always been my first choice FB. The guy is dangerous both sides. This is not a popular opinion but when he is moved from FB it should be to 5/8, not centre.

Latest posts

Back