• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Lewis Dodd

As mentioned before, would love to grab Jake Burns from that St Helens side. And I imagine every club could find a spot for Harry Robertson.

As mentioned before, would love to grab Jake Burns from that St Helens side. And I imagine every club could find a spot for Harry Robertson.
Good call. Harry Robinson would be my first pick if we were to look over there for players. He is like a 6'3" Jie Grey. A FB who would also be effective on the wing. Still only 18. My 2nd pick is the Wigan backrower Junior Nsemba. Only 20. For hookers though I would prefer Leigh's Edwin Ipape, the Justin Olam clone.
I am being specific about my first 2 ESL picks incase any of the recruitment staff read the Pride.

Good call. Harry Robinson would be my first pick if we were to look over there for players. He is like a 6'3" Jie Grey. A FB who would also be effective on the wing. Still only 18. My 2nd pick is the Wigan backrower Junior Nsemba. Only 20. For hookers though I would prefer Leigh's Edwin Ipape, the Justin Olam clone.
I am being specific about my first 2 ESL picks incase any of the recruitment staff read the Pride.

You mention a few PNG players there
The junior Kumuls just drew 22 all with the junior kangaroos, there were some freakish young players, ill be interested to see if any clubs, including us try & grab a few for pathways, with NRL standard training they could be anything

To be honest, although I've watched Dodd's highlights, that is literally all I've seen of him. I've never watched him play a full game, I've never watched him live, so I really don't know much about him.

However, from what I have seen, I like what I see, and from what others are saying, he has many attributes that sound like he can be a success at this level. Let's be honest, the club needed to try something different, and they've done that, so I back their decision and really hope he becomes one of the signings of the year. The potential is there.

I still have no doubt that Wayne had something to do with this, so that's enough for me. Dodd will develop so much under his coaching too so it could take him a year or so before he really stars, but who knows?

I don't care if he's left or right side, if he's any decent half, he'll make it work.

Very excited for him to arrive.

To be honest, although I've watched Dodd's highlights, that is literally all I've seen of him. I've never watched him play a full game, I've never watched him live, so I really don't know much about him.

However, from what I have seen, I like what I see, and from what others are saying, he has many attributes that sound like he can be a success at this level. Let's be honest, the club needed to try something different, and they've done that, so I back their decision and really hope he becomes one of the signings of the year. The potential is there.

I still have no doubt that Wayne had something to do with this, so that's enough for me. Dodd will develop so much under his coaching too so it could take him a year or so before he really stars, but who knows?

I don't care if he's left or right side, if he's any decent half, he'll make it work.

Very excited for him to arrive.
Agreed ... and it's not like there was a half back smorgasbord there to choose from...we may just have scored a real coup with him.

That's a conclusive assessment. The fact is that we have Dodd at 7 and not Mickey Lewis, which is not secret, I am very satisfied with. I do like that we have looked at the ESL for potential. It would be good if we could broaden this to include the RU too, especially for wingers.
Agree with broadening the search for wingers e.g. from RU ...especially NZ...surely there are some strapping young unearthed stars over there that are contemplating a jump to league???

Round 26
St Helens v Castleford full match

Round 27
St Helens v Leigh full match

Qualifier
St Helens v Warrington full match

You're welcome

Agree with broadening the search for wingers e.g. from RU ...especially NZ...surely there are some strapping young unearthed stars over there that are contemplating a jump to league???
For sure there are. The Roosters, boo, came up with Mark Nawaqanitawase as a winger this year.

Back