• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Surely Gutherson could get a contract in the Super League. Each club has two marquee spots for players where only £150k will count to the cap.

What about a roaming centre roll similar to what he did with Turbo in origin a few years back. About time a coach threw away the cookie cutter, copycat approach

At some point it’s overkill.

Looking at the side, points aren’t going to be the problem.

Worrying about the value you get from a player kind of has to happen before you sign him.

As is, he’s here as a centre. So 18-20 hard runs a game, 150+ metres, defend well, and be there to ice an opportunity should it present itself.

At some point it’s overkill.

Looking at the side, points aren’t going to be the problem.

Worrying about the value you get from a player kind of has to happen before you sign him.

As is, he’s here as a centre. So 18-20 hard runs a game, 150+ metres, defend well, and be there to ice an opportunity should it present itself.
I think that sums it pretty well PP. He is expensive and will be centre so he really has to be optimised for the team.
Not to mention his long high kicks will help too!!!
Also, Not sure who ... but some players in our team need to execute some 40/20s and get really good at it...we get so few! Maybe he can help out in this area.

Yes, more often right than wrong but glad to see I’m still in your thoughts 👐

Oh, and WB got rid of Wally, Hodges and tapped many of the donkeys stars, including Tallis. Ut hey, you tell us he’s too scared of Latrell😆😆

Yet you criticis my thought processes…., FMD🤔😆😆

Wally over the hill, went to gold coast and won two spoons.

Hodges signed with roosters when Bennett wanted to keep him.

Trell in his still young, only idiots make this comparison to Wally, oh wait...

Why not? If he plays 20+ games and wins you matches at centre, then why is that a problem?

Who says a fullback has to earn more money than a centre?

I just cannot fathom a 6th consecutive season of us wishing Latrell played more matches for us.
There is no guarantee he will play 20+ games at centre or win us matches from centre.

If you pay a centre that much money then it means you have to cut corners elsewhere in your team.

Lets also not forget that Latrell and Cody set up the majority of our line breaks and tries, if we shift Latrell and with an ageing Cody - who picks up the slack?

I would say that if Wayne cannot get Latrell to fire from fullback this year then we may look to shift him to 6 or look at releasing him or sign an amended contract on centre money.

There is no guarantee he will play 20+ games at centre or win us matches from centre.

If you pay a centre that much money then it means you have to cut corners elsewhere in your team.

Lets also not forget that Latrell and Cody set up the majority of our line breaks and tries, if we shift Latrell and with an ageing Cody - who picks up the slack?

I would say that if Wayne cannot get Latrell to fire from fullback this year then we may look to shift him to 6 or look at releasing him or sign an amended contract on centre money.
A million$$ player needs his hands on the ball as much as possible. That being the case, centres does not represent any sort of value for money. So, yes it would have to be 5/8 which probably means Cody leaves or retires. Halfback would be a problem given our current logjam of halfbacks

We're paying Latrell what we're paying Latrell. There's no avoiding that now.

But that doesn't mean we should force him to play a position that he is clearly not physically capable of putting a whole season together playing - despite how good he is at it.

A million$$ player needs his hands on the ball as much as possible. That being the case, centres does not represent any sort of value for money. So, yes it would have to be 5/8 which probably means Cody leaves or retires. Halfback would be a problem given our current logjam of halfbacks
Lets just hope he gets super fit and applies more self discipline and avoids injury and the ongoing debate will just subside. I think that would be the hope of 99% of SS fans....we all just want to see it finally eventuate. Just make it happen Trell!!

Madge gave us three years of not playing finals footy with nowhere near the injuries of our last few years so I don't get why people on here are talking him up as a coaching genius. JD copped it from all and sundry for that exact reason. Madge steered us to a premiership and of that we should be grateful, but he should have won more than one with the team he had and we should definitely have continued to play finals footy throughout his tenure.

Back