• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

We're paying Latrell what we're paying Latrell. There's no avoiding that now.

But that doesn't mean we should force him to play a position that he is clearly not physically capable of putting a whole season together playing - despite how good he is at it.

Yobbo, if he breaks down this season, I’ll join your thinking.

I’m gonna give him one more year to show he can nurse his body through a year at fullback.

But shouldn’t the Bulldogs at least make an announcement on letting him go or stay?

I’d imagine it’s a conversation.

One strike probably doesn’t void his contract. Especially as the incident didn’t take place at work.

So there’s probably some discussion about what’s best for the club and what’s best for JAC prior to announcements being made.

Yobbo, if he breaks down this season, I’ll join your thinking.

I’m gonna give him one more year to show he can nurse his body through a year at fullback.

Not aimed at anyone in particular here.

I just think it's specious to say "playing fullback" is why Trell got injured.

Mitch Moses could have fallen on his ankle whether he was playing center, second row or coming on as a super sub.

Using multiple injuries as a precedent when none of them are intrinsically linked with him being fullback is also kinda iffy.

Guys just injury prone maybe.

Mitch Moses could have fallen on his ankle whether he was playing center, second row or coming on as a super sub.

Using multiple injuries as a precedent when none of them are intrinsically linked with him being fullback is also kinda iffy.

I’m more saying, regardless of if fullback is or isn’t an issue for his health, having a member of your spine not able to stay on the park hurts. So you maybe move him to help cohesion, not because you think it will definitely improve his availability.

If you can’t post for 80% of games, it’s gonna make it hard for you to contribute with consistency.

But I’m still 12 months off thinking we’re at that stage.

Another 17 or less game season (considering I assume we play some finals) and I think I’ll change my mind.

I think that sums it pretty well PP. He is expensive and will be centre so he really has to be optimised for the team.
Not to mention his long high kicks will help too!!!
Also, Not sure who ... but some players in our team need to execute some 40/20s and get really good at it...we get so few! Maybe he can help out in this area.
Agree with that. The last 40/20 we kicked in an NRL game was Reynolds. 40/20s are not the only kicking area we need to improve.

Madge gave us three years of not playing finals footy with nowhere near the injuries of our last few years so I don't get why people on here are talking him up as a coaching genius. JD copped it from all and sundry for that exact reason. Madge steered us to a premiership and of that we should be grateful, but he should have won more than one with the team he had and we should definitely have continued to play finals footy throughout his tenure.
This is absolutely incorrect. For one, we missed two years of finals footy under Madge, 2016 and 2017. Those years were some of the most injury ravaged I’ve seen us.

Adam Reynolds was out for a large chunk of 2016, while we also saw GI out for the entirety of 2017. We saw midseason reserve grade debuts like Ed Murphy, Talatasi Tasi, Sitiveni Moceidreke and Joe Burgess take the field, while we also had guys like Dane Nielsen and Paul Carter play for us more than they should have.

The Round 26, 2017 team vs Parramatta was as follows;

9 Damien Cook

2 Campbell Graham

1 Bryson Goodwin

4 Tyrell Fuimaono

5 Robert Jennings

6 Cody Walker

21 Luke Kelly

8 Tom Burgess

14 Robbie Farah

15 George Burgess

11 John Sutton

15 Kyle Turner

13 Cameron Murray

17 Dean Britt

18 Jason Clark

19 David Tyrrell

20 Siosifa Talakai

This is absolutely incorrect. For one, we missed two years of finals footy under Madge, 2016 and 2017. Those years were some of the most injury ravaged I’ve seen us.

Adam Reynolds was out for a large chunk of 2016, while we also saw GI out for the entirety of 2017. We saw midseason reserve grade debuts like Ed Murphy, Talatasi Tasi, Sitiveni Moceidreke and Joe Burgess take the field, while we also had guys like Dane Nielsen and Paul Carter play for us more than they should have.

9 Damien Cook

2 Campbell Graham

1 Bryson Goodwin

4 Tyrell Fuimaono

5 Robert Jennings

6 Cody Walker

21 Luke Kelly

8 Tom Burgess

14 Robbie Farah

15 George Burgess

11 John Sutton

15 Kyle Turner

13 Cameron Murray

17 Dean Britt

18 Jason Clark

19 David Tyrrell

20 Siosifa Talakai
Didn't we have a game against Parra in 2017 where we had 5 injuries/HIA's and the last 3 minutes we only had 12 available players on the field?

9 Damien Cook

2 Campbell Graham

1 Bryson Goodwin

4 Tyrell Fuimaono

5 Robert Jennings

6 Cody Walker

21 Luke Kelly

8 Tom Burgess

14 Robbie Farah

15 George Burgess

11 John Sutton

15 Kyle Turner

13 Cameron Murray

17 Dean Britt

18 Jason Clark

19 David Tyrrell

20 Siosifa Talakai

That teams beats us about 12 times this year. :)

We're paying Latrell what we're paying Latrell. There's no avoiding that now.

But that doesn't mean we should force him to play a position that he is clearly not physically capable of putting a whole season together playing - despite how good he is at it.
We need to find a way to get him to play a full season there.

Wayne should be having this chat with him as well and tell him "if you want fullback money then you need to show you can play fullback for 20 plus games and be available at the back end of the year and not suspended etc".

Wayne has already said Latrell will be our fullback so talk of moving him to centre is pointless, Wayne isnt going to do it.

Latrell is just as likely to get injured playing centre, the same arguments exist for Turbo and he did a serious injury last year playing centre for the Blues.

9 Damien Cook

2 Campbell Graham

1 Bryson Goodwin

4 Tyrell Fuimaono

5 Robert Jennings

6 Cody Walker

21 Luke Kelly

8 Tom Burgess

14 Robbie Farah

15 George Burgess

11 John Sutton

15 Kyle Turner

13 Cameron Murray

17 Dean Britt

18 Jason Clark

19 David Tyrrell

20 Siosifa Talakai
So I'll ask were you calling for Madge's head as everyone was doing for our coach this year and last ? I don't see any difference whatsoever in what went down and I'm just trying to work out why the same criticism of JD has not corresponded to Madge ,who has been talked up comprehensively since he's been given the Broncos job. This is not talking up JD either, this is comparing both coaches .They both needed to go and they both did go. I still think our recent injury crisis has absolutely eclipsed anything during Madge's time here.

I also think it's fallacious to say it's just a result of being injury prone.

23+ games every season at the Roosters as a centre.
17 or less games at season at Souths playing fullback.

More reps/km's run as a fullback leading to more injuries? Potentially.
More fatigue leading to sloppy decisions and dumb penalties? Maybe.
Poorer preparation and lower physical training standards at Souths compared to the Roosters? Probably.
Too much pressure on him to be the saviour of South Sydney? Likely.

There could be a myriad of reasons. Once, twice, even three seasons - sure, happenstance. But five seasons in a row...?

Something's gotta give.

Lets just hope he gets super fit and applies more self discipline and avoids injury and the ongoing debate will just subside. I think that would be the hope of 99% of SS fans....we all just want to see it finally eventuate. Just make it happen Trell!!
If not...do the honourable thing.

Back