• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

The Madge disrespect is wild.

He gave us the one premiership we have won in the last 53 years.

For many of us, THE moment of our football-supporting lives.

There should be a bronze statue of him outside Heffron.
Madge was the man

His downfall was wanting full control then recruiting players who didn’t return the faith he showed in them

For some strange reason he wanted to be the creator of quality human beings type.

He should of stuck to to recruiting Melbourne types

I can’t help but compare Maguire with Brian Smith who was also a strong disciplinarian but never cemented a long term deal anywhere. He’s a gun slinger who cleans up the joint before wearing out his welcome.

I’ve got a feeling Madge will learn & adjust, he really wants to be a career coach
Bit rich.
Yes , he was the coach when we won our premiership and should be applauded for that. However I am sure he did not give us the premiership. If he would have continued the momentum and built on that premiership with follow on premierships , YES , however he failed the key test of a very good coach.
no, he was an integral part of us winning
It’s just puerile to downplay his role & shit on the bloke
I don’t know that any players have even come out publicly & bagged him for being too intense, from what I’ve heard he was a popular figure at the recent reunion, the intensity story might be just that, but whatever the case, I get the feeling he’s a coach that learns from his past failures

From my recognition it was Adam Reynolds winge about the hard training regime that Madge had that led to his demise. Can't see a NSW coach coaching a Queensland team. Particularly with Reynolds.

From my recognition it was Adam Reynolds winge about the hard training regime that Madge had that led to his demise. Can't see a NSW coach coaching a Queensland team. Particularly with Reynolds.

I’d be interested to see any quotes, videos or articles about Reynolds mentioning this?
I think a lot of folklore gets passed into becoming fact without any evidence

I’d be interested to see any quotes, videos or articles about Reynolds mentioning this?
I think a lot of folklore gets passed into becoming fact without any evidence
Not sure on the training part, but Reyno definitely had a dummy spit when Madge wanted to replace him with Cronk. Might be water under the bridge now.

Not sure on the training part, but Reyno definitely had a dummy spit when Madge wanted to replace him with Cronk. Might be water under the bridge now.

See all these things enter folklore, yet there is no proof
Maybe this “misinformation bill” should extend to Rugby League journalists, eventually the rumours they continue to push become real in peoples mind

Madge lost the dressing room when after winning the GF he blocked any celebratory trips and instead organised the hell week in Arizon

When questioned on it Madge told them that winning the premiership was the reward.

Team were burnt out 2/3 of the way through the season. He didn’t back off. Throw in Glen Stewart and it all fell apart

Was Seibold already part of our staff during Madge’s last season? Or did we get him from somewhere else? I vaguely remember white-anting rumours.

Was Seibold already part of our staff during Madge’s last season? Or did we get him from somewhere else? I vaguely remember white-anting rumours.
Yes he was and there was talk that Seibold white anted Maguire to position himself to get the head coach job. Ironically he got the job but then jumped ship when the Broncos came calling.

Latest posts

Back