• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

How good would it be if south's brought madge in as assistant coach for Bennett and do a final year swap where Bennett goes to assistant while madge is head coach. Then lock madge for a decade and turn into an Ivan Cleary / Craig Bellamy type.

Looking like Madge will take the Broncos gig

How good would it be if south's brought madge in as assistant coach for Bennett and do a final year swap where Bennett goes to assistant while madge is head coach. Then lock madge for a decade and turn into an Ivan Cleary / Craig Bellamy type.

No thanks on Madge. He had a dream squad , when souths won the grand final and we were playing against an average Dogs side.He was not able to build on that side.

I lost respect , when he left a clearly injured GI on the field when we were playing the Tigers , and allowed a rookie centre look like a champion.

Lost all respect watching his coaching style for the Tigers.Rants are effective , when sparingly used , Madge was like a broken record , clearly players just tune out. He can be effective in rep teams , cause they are played sparingly.

I feel like the Broncos got caught out not having good cover for Reynolds and Walsh and underestimating the Flegler, Capewell, Farnsworth void.

You lose quality, you need to replace with quality

Easier said than done Poet.

The depth levels across the board are poor unless you have a nursery like the panthers.
You only need to see the names and quality(?) in the cup GF currently being played

Donkeys had to give massive pay rises to Carrigan, Haas, Mamm, Walsh, Stagg, Cobbo & a few developing forwards like Rikki & Pakura.
Flegler & Herbie were amongst that lot as well. All who were developed on low coin, more or less, through their system. It was reported Fleg & Herbie required 300-400k increases
They had to let those 3 go to pay for the upgrades. I don’t think they signed one new player because they couldn’t

Last edited:

The depth levels across the board are poor unless you have a nursery like the panthers.
they had to give massive pay rises to Carrigan, Haas, Mamm, Walsh, Stagg, Cobbo & a few developing forwards like Rikki & Pakura.
Flegler & Herbie were amongst that lot as well. All who were developed on low coin, more or less, through their system
They had to let those 3 go to pay for the upgrades. I don’t think they signed one new player because they couldn’t

Yeah I get it, but also, I think people get a little too carried away with fringe players who are already doing their best (like an Arthurs or Sailor type), and the gulf between a raw talent like a Piakura and a finished, bankable first grader. Or the difference you get in impact replacing Cobbo and Mariner vs Farnsworth a Cobbo. It still looks good on paper, but it works very differently.

If a club makes a call that Jaxson Paulo can replace Dane Gagi, that’s not good footy planning.

Yes finding talent is tough, but then there are just poor choices, or undervaluing the impact someone in your squad has.

A setup like the Storm rarely gets that too wrong. They know what players add to the squad and what will be lost when they go to replace them.

Except Turuva, Gardener, JFH, Leota, Alamotti, Martin and Schneider aren’t from the Panthers nursery
they had to give massive pay rises to Carrigan, Haas, Mamm, Walsh, Stagg, Cobbo & a few developing forwards like Rikki & Pakura.
Flegler & Herbie were amongst that lot as well. All who were developed on low coin, more or less, through their system
They signed Baker and Sailor as depth. That aside On paper it’s still a top 4 roster. But this is what happens when you hand a top 4 rosters to blokes who can’t coach.

Sooner or later you will get it Ello

The Madge disrespect is wild.

He gave us the one premiership we have won in the last 53 years.

For many of us, THE moment of our football-supporting lives.

There should be a bronze statue of him outside Heffron.
Bit rich.
Yes , he was the coach when we won our premiership and should be applauded for that. However I am sure he did not give us the premiership. If he would have continued the momentum and built on that premiership with follow on premierships , YES , however he failed the key test of a very good coach.

Last edited:

At the end of the day, it’s one premiership in 7 or 8 NRL coaching seasons. He had a pretty good roster for probably half of that total.
I don’t want to diminish that achievement but he won’t go down in history as a generational coach ala Jack Gibson, Wayne Bennett or Craig Bellamy. The only other current NRL coach with a chance of being considered in that sort of company is Ivan Cleary IMO.

Except Turuva, Gardener, JFH, Leota, Alamotti, Martin and Schneider aren’t from the Panthers nursery

Oh that’s Right they have no nursery and their roster & systems isn’t built around that either 😆😆😆
They signed Baker and Sailor as depth. That aside On paper it’s still a top 4 roster. But this is what happens when you hand a top 4 rosters to blokes who can’t coach.

Baker and sailor on sweet FA coin and that proves my point. If you could actually improve your comprehension skills, you’d get a grip of that.

No wonder they won’t let you anywhere near our club. Ello runs rings around you….you’d have our squad full of Junior Tupou’s and Talau’s😆😆

It’s only because he’s gonna maybe go to Brisbane people are salty that’s all as it’s a great appointment for them. He’s a great great coach who will always hold a special place in my heart. People who undermine him as a coach are clueless.

Oh that’s Right they have no nursery and their roster & systems isn’t built around that either 😆😆😆
You’re trying to insinuate that they don’t recruit and there’s no one available to recruit to smother how poor our club has been in that department. You’ve been playing that tune for two years and for two years it’s been proven to be bullshit like everything else you post
Baker and sailor on sweet FA coin and that proves my point. If you could actually improve your comprehension skills, you’d get a grip of that.
Your point was they didn’t sign anyone and you can add Alomotti to that list
That sounds a lot like you said they didn’t sign one player. You seem to have a problem comprehending your own dribble but that is completely understandable
No wonder they won’t let you anywhere near our club. Ello runs rings around you…
Only at a pie eating contest

Who is disrespecting Madge?

Latest posts

Back