• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Jye Gray

We’ve got plenty of evidence of what a running Jye Gray looks like, I want to see him closer to the action in the 7 and see what he looks like ball playing and kicking. Don’t like the chances of it happening but you can only hope..

Hawkins no doubt tries hard and couldnt do anymore in Cup but he is non existent in the NRL.

I've yet to watch the game again but the way I saw it live last night, Cook refused to pass the ball to Hawkins.
I also thought that we looked way better with Mamo at DH. His defence is a bit loose but he just needs time there. Hawkins seems to improve when Cook is off. Then again, everyone seems to improve when Cook is off

We’ve got plenty of evidence of what a running Jye Gray looks like, I want to see him closer to the action in the 7 and see what he looks like ball playing and kicking. Don’t like the chances of it happening but you can only hope..

Hawkins no doubt tries hard and couldnt do anymore in Cup but he is non existent in the NRL.
Without causing this into a whole Ilias vs Hawkins drama, I think it’s obvious why the former was chosen to be the 7. No doubt Cody is badly out of form, likewise Cook so the spine is all over the place at the moment. But our attack looked better with Lachlan so I’d be happy to try Gray there given there’s no other option. The only other alternative is moving Wighton to 6 and Latrell to centre

I said a month ago play him at 7. Neither illias or Hawkins are up to the task - its just that blindingly clear.. Jye is too small for FB and will eventually get spotted and pummeled out of the game back there,
Exactly right, he'll get bashed playing fullback and it would be a good way to ruin his career playing him there long term. Mitchell at times doesn't like to do the hard stuff at the back, you always have 4 or 5 defenders lining you up when returning kicks.

Jye has shown enough that he needs to stay in first grade for the rest of the year. It’s hard to see JD lasting beyond next weeks game if not before. So the decision may be taken out of his hands.

Im open to that if Mitchell decides to pull his finger out.
The thing is last night I watched a couple of opportunities we had where Jye was brought down or took the wrong option. You just know that Latrell converts those chances.

Jye still is very raw at fullback. Even in reserve grade he wasn’t playing the traditional fullback role.

I was hoping that Cody passed to him though. Love that he was there in support. One thing we do know is he needs to be in the starting 13 right now.

Bennett was the one who said Taaffe was a fullback.

Taaffe filled in well for Trell at fullback under Bennett and it got us to the grand final.

Taaffe had an inform reynolds and walker in the halves so he wasn't going to take their spots.

Right now at Souths, we don't have two in form halves.

But Bennett does love Cody

Latest posts

Back