• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Jye Gray

I've said it before:

#7 Gray
#9 Mamo
#1 Cook
#3 Trell

I mean, he’s still playing as a fullback at the Dogs isn’t he?

Bennett played Taafe where we needed a player. We had no depth at fullback, Taafe did well there under Bennett.
Last week he came on in the halves off the bench. He will be a utility player for them. Like most of the players they brought. 😜

The thing is last night I watched a couple of opportunities we had where Jye was brought down or took the wrong option. You just know that Latrell converts those chances.

Jye still is very raw at fullback. Even in reserve grade he wasn’t playing the traditional fullback role.

I was hoping that Cody passed to him though. Love that he was there in support. One thing we do know is he needs to be in the starting 13 right now.

Agreed. Will all come with experience.

But you cant knock the effort.

Last week he came on in the halves off the bench. He will be a utility player for them. Like most of the players they brought. 😜

Ciraldo was asked directly on SEN radio during the week if he can see Taaffe being able to play in the halves.

He doesn’t, he was quite emphatic about it

Ciraldo was asked directly on SEN radio during the week if he can see Taaffe being able to play in the halves.

He doesn’t, he was quite emphatic about it
Strange that he brought him on in the halves late in the game last week. If he sticks with the same side side last week and picks him on the bench that would suggest that he will be used as a utility.

With Jye’s speed, where is the little 1-2-3 interchange of passing around the ruck in the middle of the field (that the Storm perfected) for Jye to capitalise on with his speed?

They need to get him receiving the ball flatter and closer to the line where the defence has less time to adjust to his change in speed.

With Jye’s speed, where is the little 1-2-3 interchange of passing around the ruck in the middle of the field (that the Storm perfected) for Jye to capitalise on with his speed?

They need to get him receiving the ball flatter and closer to the line where the defence has less time to adjust to his change in speed.
We have no tactics. None. No set plays outside of "work it one out to the right, then shift left for Cody/Latrell to try isolate a defender". That's it.

No working over weaker defenders. No scrum moves. No early kicks for territory. No slowing the ruck in defence.

I watch most games. We are the most boring side in the NRL to watch - by a margin.

Even Des has realised his players aren't as good as he thought, and has them spoiling in defence.

We have no tactics. None. No set plays outside of "work it one out to the right, then shift left for Cody/Latrell to try isolate a defender". That's it.

No working over weaker defenders. No scrum moves. No early kicks for territory. No slowing the ruck in defence.

I watch most games. We are the most boring side in the NRL to watch - by a margin.

Even Des has realised his players aren't as good as he thought, and has them spoiling in defence.
Yeah, I get that I’m asking for a better cherry on top of a shit sundae. :)

Latest posts

Back