• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

I've got a new rash

At the end of the day if a landlord prefers not to rent to a certain group but is OK with many others groups do you ignore why the landlord has made that choice , is it wide spread ? , is there history and statistics that has swayed his view, and the thread is regarding Australia day and its date, I don't care myself what decisions the landlord makes, it's his to make not mine.
Neither does your racism and bigotry.

Not true, you can check in the link I previously provided.

Not true at all, total bullshit.
You said 90% of landlords agree with not renting to Aboriginals, are you aware of any landlords who have a blanket rule not to rent to white people in 90% of cases? No, you don't.

So which is it, do 90% of landlords agree with you as you stated, or do they treat everyone equally and you are admitting your 90% was bullshit? Can't have it both ways.

At the end of the day if a landlord prefers not to rent to a certain group but is OK with many others groups do you ignore why the landlord has made that choice ,
If it based on their aboriginalty yes, you totally ignore the landlord and hopefully have him/her charged with racial vilification for discriminating based on race, as you stated it was so many times.

Serious question, do you actually know what racism constitutes?

It honestly comes across as though you have no idea of what racism means.

The Nationality and Citizenship Act 1948 came into effect on 26 January 1949, creating Australian citizenship for the first time. Previously, the government-approved residents of Australia had only been "British nationals"; now they had both Australian and British nationality.

I know exactly what racism is and it occurs in every country in many aspects , my wife experiences racism regularly from indigenous people in her job with qld police , if you think my view on a landlords right is racist I couldn't care less , I think you try and take a lofty view on many issues that wouldn't worry me , if Joe blow owns a home and makes a decision on who he rents to based on what he has seen and experienced then Ieave that to him if you turn your nose up I'm sure Joe doesn't give a rats, it's his money at stake .
If it based on their aboriginalty yes, you totally ignore the landlord and hopefully have him/her charged with racial vilification for discriminating based on race, as you stated it was so many times.

Serious question, do you actually know what racism constitutes?

It honestly comes across as though you have no idea of what racism means.

, if you think my view on a landlords right is racist I couldn't care less ,
From the start you have clearly stated you would not rent to Aboriginals.

It's not my opinion that's racist, it is a fact it is obviously and totally racist as your decision (along with 90% of landlords according to you) is based on their race.

Again, you appear to not be able to grasp the basic concept of racism.

The way to move on from wrongs done in the past is to have some sort of sincere confession, atonement and if justified, reparations in order for everyone to be able to let it go and move forward. So many historical comparisons have been bandied about in this thread where people have been able to move on and in almost all cases, they have made proper peace in order to move on. Look at all the Holocaust memorials and dedications in Germany or the peace treaties, reparations and education of each other's cultures that occurred with the Japanese and the West following WWII just to name a couple of examples.

You need to make proper peace first. Failure and avoidance of doing so is further insult and rejection that is repeated afresh. Not history but refreshed pain.

Want to move on? Then we need a treaty with the First Nations people who are NOT equal to the rest of us because they were here FIRST! Acknowledge it through treaty, make a just amends, give them their own voice, change the ****ing date and anthem and THEN, lo and behold, and only then, finally, we can bloody well move on.

Not before.

So, why argue black and blue to not address it and do the right thing? What are we conserving exactly if not an unequal society? Only 48% of people recently surveyed indicated they didn't want the date for Australia Day changed. NOT 70%. That's now less than half and sinking. Wonder what the figure will be in a year, 5 years, 10?

Make amends, show them respect, give them hope, give them their own voice so they can do it for themselves (that's what the voice is for) and let's just all live together in peace.

ps - this is not virtue signalling. Accusations of "virtue signalling" is a smear used to imply that someone doesn't really believe in what they're saying but is just trying to make themselves look virtuous to others for shameless self promotion. With such smears being bandied about, I find it necessary, although also incredulous, to have to state that my sentiments I have expressed here are my genuine, true beliefs made from the heart.

Thank you.

The way to move on from wrongs done in the past is to have some sort of sincere confession, atonement and if justified, reparations in order for everyone to be able to let it go and move forward. So many historical comparisons have been bandied about in this thread where people have been able to move on and in almost all cases, they have made proper peace in order to move on. Look at all the Holocaust memorials and dedications in Germany or the peace treaties, reparations and education of each other's cultures that occurred with the Japanese and the West following WWII just to name a couple of examples.

You need to make proper peace first. Failure and avoidance of doing so is further insult and rejection that is repeated afresh. Not history but refreshed pain.

Want to move on? Then we need a treaty with the First Nations people who are NOT equal to the rest of us because they were here FIRST! Acknowledge it through treaty, make a just amends, give them their own voice, change the ****ing date and anthem and THEN, lo and behold, and only then, finally, we can bloody well move on.

Not before.

So, why argue black and blue to not address it and do the right thing? What are we conserving exactly if not an unequal society? Only 48% of people recently surveyed indicated they didn't want the date for Australia Day changed. NOT 70%. That's now less than half and sinking. Wonder what the figure will be in a year, 5 years, 10?

Make amends, show them respect, give them hope, give them their own voice so they can do it for themselves (that's what the voice is for) and let's just all live together in peace.

ps - this is not virtue signalling. Virtue signalling is a smear used to imply that someone doesn't really believe in what they're saying but is just trying to make themselves look virtuous to others for shameless self promotion. with such smears being bandied about, I find it necessary, although also incredulous, to have to state that my sentiments I have expressed here are my genuine, true beliefs made from the heart.

Thank you.

Best post of the thread. Thank you.

Accusations of "virtue signalling" is a smear used to imply that someone doesn't really believe in what they're saying but is just trying to make themselves look virtuous to others for shameless self promotion.
“the public expression of opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or social conscience or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue”

By the way, that’s not necessarily directed at you

Can't you read , I said I don't care one bit of your opinion, I state again , unless I knew them personally I would be hesitant to rent to an indigenous person , not based on color but based on what I have heard and witnessed in my time, this is what you do with investments, take minimal risk , what you do with your money is your business, am I alone? No way not by a mile, as for anybody proposing reparations ?, take hard earned money from working Aussies and hand it to others for something 250 years ago ? Stupidity at its finest .
From the start you have clearly stated you would not rent to Aboriginals.

It's not my opinion that's racist, it is a fact it is obviously and totally racist as your decision (along with 90% of landlords according to you) is based on their race.

Again, you appear to not be able to grasp the basic concept of racism.

Oh brilliant , change the anthem., the flag , the date for Australia day against the wishes of the majority and you really will see animosity and hate .
Best post of the thread. Thank you.

Oh brilliant , change the anthem., the flag , the date for Australia day against the wishes of the majority and you really will see animosity and hate .

And none of that will go anyways to solving the health, education, employment, drug abuse, violence & life expectancy of the people who should be really cared about

Sadly Dan Murphy would be the biggest benefactor of any cash reparation, and then on it goes again, violence child neglect ect.
And none of that will go anyways to solving the health, education, employment, drug abuse, violence & life expectancy of the people who should be really cared about

Latest posts

Back