• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

I've got a new rash

Give me an honest opinion Bundy, as i said earlier, had the British turned around and went home and not settled would the outcome have been worse or better for the Aboriginals, because there was zero chance this land would not have been settled , the Spanish, the French, Portuguese.
Personally I couldn't care less about changing flag or anthem . I just think an unlawful invasion of a country, with facts that are hard to ignore should not be celebrated. As far as land rights etc. I don't know enough about that so I'm staying well away from that. I've grown up at certain times with both white fulla and black fulla as my friends and neighbours. There is good and bad in both departments so I can't cop this let's blame the black fulla nonsense.Just on those kids running rampant up north. I think you'll find there are plenty of non indigenous kids running with them. As far as woke goes . That's ridiculous. This shit's been around since well before woke even became a word. I still don't know what that actually means and can't be bothered to find out. Anyway.,good discussion but I'm out now.

Woke, woke, woke, woke, woke, woke, woke, woke, woke.

There. I can't lose if I just brand someone with some stale, virtue signalling, bullying demonization that scares most people off.

Too easy. What does it mean again?

Like “politically correct” before it, the word “woke” has come to connote the opposite of what it means. Technically, going by the Merriam-Webster dictionary’s definition, woke means “aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)”, but today we are more likely to see it being used as a stick with which to beat people who aspire to such values, often wielded by those who don’t recognise how un-woke they are, or are proud of the fact.

Give me an honest opinion Bundy, as i said earlier, had the British turned around and went home and not settled would the outcome have been worse or better for the Aboriginals, because there was zero chance this land would not have been settled , the Spanish, the French, Portuguese.
Probably the same . I'm sure the same debate would probably be going on as well if the situation was as it is now. I'll leave it there Bluedog. Good debate on a delicate subject. I think there were many good points brought up by everyone. Let's just hope the Polly's can pull all this shit together.

This is probably the most disapointing thread I have ever read on The Pride.
It actually saddens me.

To think that there are some people who to this day will still stereotype and make massive generalisations based completely on skin colour is quite horrific. It's the 21st century and we still have self entitled white people saying they would not rent a house to Aboriginals because of their race.

I hope GI, AJ and Cody never need a rental from these people.

Similarly these same people use the lame argument of "what would have happened if the Spanish had invaded instead of Britain, it would have been far worse".

That's a little like saying to someone "well, I may have cut your arms off but just be grateful I didn't cut your legs off too, that would be worse".

What this thread has clearly displayed is that as long as we have racist bigots sprouting their disdain for the indigenous and refusing to see how they have been wronged in so many ways, and are still suffering from this bigotry, we are a long long long way from genuine reconcilliation.

Sadly it will not be until the majority of white Australians acknowledge the invasion, and that we are all benefiting from stolen land, that we will be able to move forward with genuine unity.

That's all it will actually take, some acknowledgement and then discussion about how best to move on.

But as I said, we are a long way from being that mature and understanding. It's just easier for some to ignore the black history of this country and continue with their racism and lumping all indigenous people into the labels of "they" and "them".

Oh how virtuous of you , feel better now do we, this has zero to do with skin color , if you own a rental property you own an investment that you bought to make money, you buy in the best area you can for rental yield and home price appreciation , all decisions you make will reflect on your return, it has zero to do with being self entitled or white as you call it, i guarantee you that if you had Indian or Chinese owners of a rental properties they also would baulk at renting to an aboriginal family unless they knew them personally ,same for renting to a white family you thought would be detrimental to your property , is it racist or is it a decision based on what you know and have seen, call it what you like but its their hard earned investment property, keep your head in the sand if you like but truthfully that bias was earnt.
As for invasion is there a deadline on when that excuse is shelved?, it was 250 years ago, many generations yet you point to it like it was 50 years ago, if you dont have a limit that means we can all Demand reparations from Denmark, Norway and other Viking countries, plus Italy and Germany but we dont, we got on with it.
I asked wife has worked with QLD police for 28 years now if she thought anybody in the police force would rent to aboriginals and it was a definite no way, not because they are racist but because of what they had encountered , an investment decision based on what they knew.
This country was always going to be settled by another nation, the govt has bent over backwards to lift the lives of our indigenous people at great cost , perhaps a little lifting from them to help themselves would go a long way, i have great mates and work mates who are aboriginal and they themselves are scathing of much of their fellow people and their behavior.
You said you would not respond to this thread again and maybe you shouldn't have , the thread had died and was conducted with good manners mostly but then you post your virtue signaling essay on your shock horror reaction to something 80% plus of rental owners would think, your head is in the sand.
This is probably the most disapointing thread I have ever read on The Pride.
It actually saddens me.

To think that there are some people who to this day will still stereotype and make massive generalisations based completely on skin colour is quite horrific. It's the 21st century and we still have self entitled white people saying they would not rent a house to Aboriginals because of their race.

I hope GI, AJ and Cody never need a rental from these people.

Similarly these same people use the lame argument of "what would have happened if the Spanish had invaded instead of Britain, it would have been far worse".

That's a little like saying to someone "well, I may have cut your arms off but just be grateful I didn't cut your legs off too, that would be worse".

What this thread has clearly displayed is that as long as we have racist bigots sprouting their disdain for the indigenous and refusing to see how they have been wronged in so many ways, and are still suffering from this bigotry, we are a long long long way from genuine reconcilliation.

Sadly it will not be until the majority of white Australians acknowledge the invasion, and that we are all benefiting from stolen land, that we will be able to move forward with genuine unity.

That's all it will actually take, some acknowledgement and then discussion about how best to move on.

But as I said, we are a long way from being that mature and understanding. It's just easier for some to ignore the black history of this country and continue with their racism and lumping all indigenous people into the labels of "they" and "them".

Last edited:
You said you would not respond to this thread again
Incorrect, I said I would not respond to you because your views are racist and disgraceful and I have no respect whatsoever for someone who is so openly racist.

Here is my quote: I am passionate about this subject and as such I won't bother replying further to you as it will only escalate and I don't want to see the thread ruined.

There is no point trying to have a sensible conversation with you because you ignore all the facts presented to you and just keep making blatantly racist comments about the indigenous, and you are incapable of answering questions or acknowledging alternative points of view.

I believe that the massive majority of white Australians acknowledge that

That argument completely disregards ethics.

A kid is sitting in a park counting money. He has a good mobile phone and skateboard. I'm bigger than him so, obviously, I bash him up a bit and rob him.

What's wrong with that? I'm actually doing him a favour. If I didn't rob him someone else surely would have - and they might have bashed him up worse, or killed him.

I've done my good deed for the day!

A girl is walking along wearing a short skirt . . .

Nah . . . That argument is just so hollow.

But thats where your wrong,, i have great friends from many races , it doesnt mean i have to be reckless or stupid when it comes to an investment decision, its my money and the outcomes of rental decisions i make affect me not anybody else, do you realize the percentage of Aussie home owners who would make the same decision?, it might shock you but i reckon over 90% would feel the same so get off your virtue signaling soapbox , its their money and their decision .
I want to Aboriginal people to prosper and live better lives, people like you and your sentiment just give them a green light to live life aggrieved and blaming others for where they are.
Incorrect, I said I would not respond to you because your views are racist and disgraceful and I have no respect whatsoever for someone who is so openly racist.

Here is my quote: I am passionate about this subject and as such I won't bother replying further to you as it will only escalate and I don't want to see the thread ruined.

There is no point trying to have a sensible conversation with you because you ignore all the facts presented to you and just keep making blatantly racist comments about the indigenous, and you are incapable of answering questions or acknowledging alternative points of view.

I believe that the massive majority of white Australians acknowledge that
I used to believe so, but when you look at forums, Facebook, talkback radio etc I still see there are a massive amount of people who have the "tell them to move on, it's history" mentality.

However I hope with all my heart you are correct.
If the majority have the racist attitude of some on here, we are screwed.

So here we are its 2023, invasion was in 1700s , we all want to be just Australians, nobody gains from what is happening in Alice Springs, Tennant Creek, Townsville and many other rural towns, just get on with it or 100 years from now same problems will be with us.
That argument completely disregards ethics.

A kid is sitting in a park counting money. He has a good mobile phone and skateboard. I'm bigger than him so, obviously, I bash him up a bit and rob him.

What's wrong with that? I'm actually doing him a favour. If I didn't rob him someone else surely would have - and they might have bashed him up worse, or killed him.

I've done my good deed for the day!

A girl is walking along wearing a short skirt . . .

Nah . . . That argument is just so hollow.

do you realize the percentage of Aussie home owners who would make the same decision?, it might shock you but i reckon over 90% would feel the same so get off your virtue signaling soapbox , its their money and their decision .
I'll have one more try at attempting to talk to you sensibly.

Can you please provide your proof that 90% of people renting out properties would back your decision not to rent to Aboriginals?

Or is that another mass generalisation backed up by nothing? Because personally I don't believe 90% of Aussies are blatantly racist like you.

And I'll add a follow up question.

Let's assume for the sake of argument you are correct and 90% of landlords won't rent out to the indigenous.

Where would you suggest they then live? Is homelessness ok because landlords openly discriminate against the indigenous? What would be your solution?

They can't afford to buy a house, and are unable to rent because of racism and sterotyping.

What would you do with them?

And this time, please acutally answer a simple question.

Last edited:
Oh ffs sakes, yes i have that official poll in my back pocket, hang on while i scan it for you.
Its based on many years working shoulder to shoulder with people of many races and social conversations, chat on investment forums that i have been a member on.
Really pathetic you pulled out that argument.
I'll have one more try at attempting to talk to you sensibly.

Can you please provide your proof that 90% of people renting out properties would back your decision not to rent to Aboriginals?

Or is that another mass generalisation backed up by nothing? Because personally I don't believe 90% of Aussies are blatantly racist like you.

Back