• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Grand Final 2022: Panthers v Eels

I’ve seen most people go on about the first try of the second half. To me the bunker got that one correct.

Many have said that has been a no try all year. But I have seen those given this year. If you watch Moses he puts his arm out to make contact with Kikau.

To me he is the one initiating contact and makes it look to be a poor defensive read.

The other side of it is that the ball was caught on the outside shoulder. It was close but I thought it was just beyond.

In the end Moses just needed to keep on sliding and it would have been no try.

Someone did say that there was a forward pass. To be honest I missed that part as my focus was on what happened between Moses and Kikau.

To me the bunker got that part correct.
Moses got it wrong - if he had just ran across Kikaus line and then as he was touched, thrown his hand up and fallen over he probably would have got the pen. By “attempting” a tackle he made it look like a bad read.

I don't mind Sam Walker and Luke Keary, Toops is ok, I like Manu.

I can't find a Penrith player I can even tolerate apart from maybe Edwards.

I don't ever recall another club disrespecting their opposition the way Penrith do.
Even Sydney didn't do that when they went back to back.
I have no problems with Yeo, Martin or Api, they just play footy and get on with it.

Didnt see this, our favorite grub Laui kicking an Eels player.
The Parra player was chasing a kick. As he ran past Luai he gave him a push on the shoulder. Fair dinkum it was the lightest push you'll see. Luai reacts, chases the Parra player and tries to push him back. Couldn't quite catch him, so the next best thing is to put the knee/shin in to him.
What got me is how over the top his reaction was compared to the push. 99% of players wouldn't have noticed it, let alone reacted to it.

Just on the entertainment for the day, Jimmy Barnes?

I met him a number of times when Cold Chisel and a band I was in played the Bondi Lifesaver a few times back in the ancient days of pub rock (1970's). I like him and think he has talent.

But really, in the 21st century I think he is a little redundant to headline such a big day.

The NRL needs to get their act together regarding game day entertainment.
Agreed. The halftime entertainment was pathetic. The AFL continues to make us look stupid year after year.
All the punters want to see is one top class act, the 100m sprint, and a high bomb catching competition. It ain't rocket science ❤💚

In a just society this mob of turds would be boycotted by the media!

Back