• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Round 11: Other Matches

Looking at stats

15 runs for 150 metres
5 tackle breaks
18 tackles and 7 missed which ain't good
No errors
He's a goer in attack. He actually tries hard in defence but looks completely lost... he doesn't know what to do.

I just hate penalties like that, when it was blown i said to my wife that rubbish penalty will decide the game and it did..
Rugby League in 2024 can go take a flying **** to itself.

How is that a penalty for a high shot?

Never been this disillusioned.

I honestly cannot be the only one that thinks Jake is like a lesser version of Luke Stuart and is only loved because he is an affable bloke whose brother happens to be Tom?
Pretty crazy take to be honest

Pretty crazy take to be honest

What does he exceed in?

Yards - No
PCM - No
Offloads - No

Yeah he can tackle but that should be a pre-requisite.

He is a honest toiler on near 1million a season. Congrats to the guy.

What does he exceed in?

Yards - No
PCM - No
Offloads - No

Yeah he can tackle but that should be a pre-requisite.

He is a honest toiler on near 1million a season. Congrats to the guy.
I guess you are unintentionally using recency bias.

He is worn out due to his relentless style over the years but at his peak he was the best lock in the nrl or close to it.

He averaged more total and post contact metres then our Cam Murray ever has. Great ball playing and inspiring defence.

He was a great player not a Luke Stuart lite

With the way this game is going between the Knights and the Titans, unless we win soon we will be distant last.

NRL: that player was leading the chase 5m away from a bouncing ball and was tackled - penalty try!

Also the NRL: that ball came away from the hand for 4/25ths of a second (which is probably does tens of times a match in general play which we ignore) - no try!

How did we get to this level of cognitive dissonance?

NRL: that player was leading the chase 5m away from a bouncing ball and was tackled - penalty try!

Also the NRL: that ball came away from the hand for 4/25ths of a second (which is probably does tens of times a match in general play which we ignore) - no try!

I'm my view both were correct.

The ball did come away from the arm as the Newcastle player brushed it out as he was tackling.

The penalty try was again for me a correct call. Don't forget he was held back making the gap larger.

I'm my view both were correct.

The ball did come away from the arm as the Newcastle player brushed it out as he was tackling.

The penalty try was again for me a correct call. Don't forget he was held back making the gap larger.
By the rules, yes both correct. That's not my point though.

We award penalty tries on gut feel, yet take tries away based on forensic analysis of the put down, when we don’t apply that level of intense investigation to the rest of the game.

A minuscule bobble on tackle 1, 40m from your own line is just as important as a minuscule bobble on tackle 5 attempting to ground the ball...

I agree with the no try he bobbled it a small bobble but he did

Back