• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Grand Final 2022: Panthers v Eels

Storm if their stars stay fit even though they’re losing some players if their guns are fit you can’t count them out.

If Turbo has an injury free year Manly could go better and be a top 6 side they have the potential too.
The Storm will be losing the Bromwich brothers and Kafusi from their forward pack. I agree that you can never count them out though. I just think their forward pack won’t be able to match the big teams.

Manly seem to have quite a few issues off the field to be a threat. Unless they get that sorted it will continue.
Cronk says “you can’t carry people in a grand final.” Yet the Roosters carried him in one and even managed to win. Right before they made him a life member HahahHa 😂
To be fair his presence on the field was massive for Keary in that game. The life membership was a bit of a laugh.

I think it is more like 9:

To’o
Crighton
Tago
Luai
Cleary
Leota
Fisher harris
Kenny
Leinu

Some of those blokes coming from country areas came through the pathways at Penrith too. Players like Yeo and Edwards for example.

Great effort.
Not based on the list of players and their junior clubs as announced when they ran out onto the field methinks.
eg James Fisher Harris is a Kiwi???His junior club was in NZ?
Cant be bothered researching to challenge you,but when they announced the players and their junior clubs a considerable number were not in the Penrith Junior league.Yeo was not a Penrith junior as announced yesterday.

Last edited:
I think it is more like 9:

To’o
Crighton
Tago
Luai
Cleary
Leota
Fisher harris
Kenny
Leinu

Some of those blokes coming from country areas came through the pathways at Penrith too. Players like Yeo and Edwards for example.

Great effort.
JFH isn’t a local junior but the rest are. Still very impressive.

I’ve seen most people go on about the first try of the second half. To me the bunker got that one correct.

Many have said that has been a no try all year. But I have seen those given this year. If you watch Moses he puts his arm out to make contact with Kikau.

To me he is the one initiating contact and makes it look to be a poor defensive read.

The other side of it is that the ball was caught on the outside shoulder. It was close but I thought it was just beyond.

In the end Moses just needed to keep on sliding and it would have been no try.

Someone did say that there was a forward pass. To be honest I missed that part as my focus was on what happened between Moses and Kikau.

To me the bunker got that part correct.

I’ve seen most people go on about the first try of the second half. To me the bunker got that one correct.

Many have said that has been a no try all year. But I have seen those given this year. If you watch Moses he puts his arm out to make contact with Kikau.

To me he is the one initiating contact and makes it look to be a poor defensive read.

The other side of it is that the ball was caught on the outside shoulder. It was close but I thought it was just beyond.

In the end Moses just needed to keep on sliding and it would have been no try.

Someone did say that there was a forward pass. To be honest I missed that part as my focus was on what happened between Moses and Kikau.

To me the bunker got that part correct.
The problem is the consistency. Sometimes it’s given sometimes it isn’t. It seems like some teams benefit more so (panthers) but I disagree it has anything to do with favouritism. I think against broncos Reynolds did the same and took a dive and cost us a try. Rules should be black and white.

Not based on the list of players and their junior clubs as announced when they ran out onto the field methinks.
Cant be bothered researching to challenge you,but when they announced the players and their junior clubs a considerable number were not in the Penrith Junior league.Yeo was not a Penrith junior as announced yesterday.
So it looks like 8 juniors for Penrith,then Souths have 6 including Moale and DSF.
Thats equally impressive given the much smaller catchment area of South Sydney!

The problem is the consistency. Sometimes it’s given sometimes it isn’t. It seems like some teams benefit more so (panthers) but I disagree it has anything to do with favouritism. I think against broncos Reynolds did the same and took a dive and cost us a try. Rules should be black and white.
Reynolds one was against Parra. He was smart there. That is what Moses should have done rather than put his arm out in some sort of attempt at tackle.

All year I have seen where a player attempts a tackle on the decoy runner then it’s fair game.

The Reynolds one was a bit of a joke tbh. Then we see where Ilias is taken out against Penrith and they deem that he wouldn’t have played a part in stopping the try. He was close enough to at least ankle tap Edwards that game.

Yeah I found it strange too with the JFH one. They definitely called his junior club as Windsor Wolves when presenting the premiership rings.

Yeo was announced as a country area junior. Dubbo I think it was or maybe Parkes? 🤷‍♂️

That is totally disgraceful.

I am getting to the stage where I think I could tolerate the Roosters winning a comp more than these ****sticks.
That could never happen for me. Some would think that way until the point it happens. 🤪

JFH isn’t a local junior but the rest are. Still very impressive.
Yeah they called his junior club as Windsor wolves. I thought that was strange too considering he plays for NZ.

That could never happen for me. Some would think that way until the point it happens. 🤪
I don't mind Sam Walker and Luke Keary, Toops is ok, I like Manu.

I can't find a Penrith player I can even tolerate apart from maybe Edwards.

I don't ever recall another club disrespecting their opposition the way Penrith do.
Even Sydney didn't do that when they went back to back.

I don't mind Sam Walker and Luke Keary, Toops is ok, I like Manu.

I can't find a Penrith player I can even tolerate apart from maybe Edwards.

I don't ever recall another club disrespecting their opposition the way Penrith do.
Even Sydney didn't do that when they went back to back.
I’m meaning more from their fans. Also that would put them one step closer to us. Hopefully we have a couple more by the time they next win the competition.

Back