• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Grand Final 2022: Panthers v Eels

RabbitJ

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
For all discussion on this year's Grand Final.

I know it will be unpopular but I’m hoping the Panthers get up. I just can’t stand Parra. I know Penrith have their share of players to hate, but Gutho would be close to my most hated player.

Who could ever forget that ad in the paper the Eels put in when we played them in the final game in 99?

Reactions: PA
I don't want either to win but i think I'll choose parra. I don't want panthers ego to get any bigger. And will be nice knowing we beat the premiers twice this year.

Yeah I’m barracking for Parramatta. My best mate of 30 years is a Parramatta fan and he is yet to see them win a competition.

Having said that, it will be a minor miracle if they can knock off Penroid.

Yeah makes sense wanting Penrith to win if you follow Souths.
Geez I hope Walker has a bummer next time we play Penrith!
Duckwits!

So Bunker is Penrith ref Atkins. Ash Klein referred in Parra juniors when he was younger and his Dad played for Penrith. Oh what a tangled Web......

As we all hate the Panthers for obvious reasons can't see them getting beaten and not go back to back....Waqa Blake is their Taane Milne and I don't have confidence in Maika Sivo being any better under Cleary's bombs. This is their only attacking weapon and makes me so angry that this Achilles Heel for the Eels is handing the smug mugs back to back titles... Glory, glory

100pm – Gates open
0130pm – State Championship Grand Final: Penrith Panthers (NSW) v Norths Devils (QLD)
0355pm – NRL Telstra Women’s Premiership Grand Final: Newcastle Knights v Parramatta Eels
0630pm – NRL pre-game entertainment begins
0730pm – NRL Grand Final: Penrith Panthersv Parramatta Eels

The pre-game entertainment will be headlined by Australian rock icon Jimmy Barnes, joined by other acts including Diesel, Josh Teskey and hip-hop stars Bliss n Eso.

First things first, am I over our loss? Not really but it is the NRL grand final this week and the ‘battle of the west’. Penrith vs Parramatta.

Will you be watching?
Who do you want to win?

I’ll be watching- usually watch the grand final but will say in 2013 I did not- just couldn’t do it. I want Parra to win even though it will frustrate me knowing we are easily a better side than them but really can’t see it happening. I want it to be a physical hard hitting contest with lots of niggle. I’d love to see Waqa Blake get one over on the panthers for the rubbish he cops (fairly). Also my wife supports Parra so I guess I should support her.

I’ll be watching by the WNRL as well and feel like the quality has improved considerably since it started. Newcastle in that one and as for the state cup my loyalty lies with not Penrith! In between I’ll flock to the Koori Knockout- wonder if any Souths boys will play? Heard Cody might.

Sadly, Penrith do deserve it moreso imo but some players are just unlikeable and perhaps I’m salty they keep knocking us out each year but I do predict a pretty close first half but panthers to run away with it in the second.

Last edited by a moderator:
Won't be watching it as they are two incredibly boring teams, I just can't find a reason to watch it.

I hope Parra win by 80.

Won't be watching it as they are two incredibly boring teams, I just can't find a reason to watch it.

I hope Parra win by 80.
I agree both teams are quite boring very kick heavy. Parra have the ability to throw it around so hopefully they do. Parra scoring the match winner off a forward pass would be brilliant lol.

Parramatta have a huge supporter base.
Are they overdue for a premiership.
Would the NRL prefer a Parra win.
Would most fans prefer a Parra win.
Will Sterlo cry instead of Alexander if they win.
Will they get the rub of the green.
Will the Parra fans torch the stadium if they win like in the past.
Everything points to a Parra win except their skill.
Simple, Parra by two.

Parra are one of my three favourite teams,I remember when Sterlo,Kenny,Cronin,Price and ZIpZip were playing for them great RL and what’s more a sporting team,which I can’t say for the Penrith Pissants who have scant respect for sporting behaviour!

Just on the entertainment for the day, Jimmy Barnes?

I met him a number of times when Cold Chisel and a band I was in played the Bondi Lifesaver a few times back in the ancient days of pub rock (1970's). I like him and think he has talent.

But really, in the 21st century I think he is a little redundant to headline such a big day.

The NRL needs to get their act together regarding game day entertainment.

Back