• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Bunnies TV

Mavo needs a co-commentator who also has a camera going where they can get replays of tries cued for the feed to switch to.

Costs money of course but, if not the club, then maybe there's a millionaire or billionaire out there that might care to chip in?

More and more supporters are getting value out of Bunnies TV - wonder if Russell has ever tuned in? Maybe we petition him to help save Bunnies TV?

Wow. This is extremely sad.

Been listening to them since day dot, even though at times id wish they had more of an "opinion".

Either way, sounds like there has been a falling out which is a real shame.

Mavo needs a co-commentator who also has a camera going where they can get replays of tries cued for the feed to switch to.

Costs money of course but, if not the club, then maybe there's a millionaire or billionaire out there that might care to chip in?

More and more supporters are getting value out of Bunnies TV - wonder if Russell has ever tuned in? Maybe we petition him to help save Bunnies TV?
I work in streaming local sports and, can I just say, the cheapest way to get instant replay is a A$3000+ machine which only supports two cameras. You can do it with a PC but expect to pay overs for higher-end software and hardware to achieve it (video data is expensive in terms of storage and power).

The upfront cost to get a single camera sports livestream going is about $5000 before you even factor in adding a scoreboard or the like, with the most basic new camera available (Canon XA-60) and a cheaper video tripod. The camera I've seen them use is about $6000-7000 new (Canon XF-605 from the look of it). Part of my gig is that I lease the most of the video equipment from the people I contract for so I've avoided that cost, but have looked into purchasing my own and those are the rough numbers.

A basic audio setup could cost anywhere from $300 (two commentators only) to a few grand to get up and running. The one I've put together uses a $400 mixer, 2x $250 headsets (one for each commentators) and an $800 microphone for the sounds of the field. Mine is a relatively cheap and simple setup but I still have the ability to add in a referee's mic when the association has an assessor at the ground.

The NSWRL are doing more and more NSW Cup streams on their FB, wouldn't surprise me if they do something similar to what everyone else is doing and try to get Kayo Freebies, Stan, Cluch or that ilk to setup a service. I was actually surprised they were able to stream any of the pathways stuff to be honest.

A lot goes into making something even "local TV" level and with livestreaming it's still a bit of a wild-west where there's a lot of consumer stuff (that can be unreliable) and a lot of higher-end stuff, but not much in the middle.

I know - because of Mavo plugging them - that he gets his camera for free from a mob in the city (unfortunately my knowledge doesn’t extend to remembering their name…advertising fail! 🤪).

I’d love to be involved in something like this, but it’d probably turn into a poor man’s version of Sattler and Waldorf (not the ones from here_.

I know - because of Mavo plugging them - that he gets his camera for free from a mob in the city (unfortunately my knowledge doesn’t extend to remembering their name…advertising fail! 🤪).

I’d love to be involved in something like this, but it’d probably turn into a poor man’s version of Sattler and Waldorf (not the ones from here_.
George's Cameras in the city.

I've bought some gear from them years ago.

Last edited:
Why do south’s supporter groups always seem to have ‘fall outs’ ? I find it odd.

Why do south’s supporter groups always seem to have ‘fall outs’ ? I find it odd.
It ain't just Souths... you should see the Dragons supporter groups! A Dragons fan-group leader acquaintance of mine has literally had a late-night door knock. Crazy.

PASHUN is the answer.... I guess?

Back