• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Bennett, Bunnies agree terms on $3m deal

So who isn’t trying?
I thought Dion was poor in the effort areas. For a guy getting a crack at first grade his lack of urgency to stop the offload on the kick to his side and then his lack of effort to make the tackle was dire.

I thought Dion was poor in the effort areas. For a guy getting a crack at first grade his lack of urgency to stop the offload on the kick to his side and then his lack of effort to make the tackle was dire.
He seemed a bit overawed didn't he?
I hope that's all it was.

From Chammas:

Bunnies on brink of Bennett announcement
If you needed confirmation that South Sydney were on the verge of announcing Wayne Bennett as coach for next season, look no further than the guests that were invited to the club’s box on Saturday night.
Bennett’s partner Dale Cage was being wined and dined by the club, which could make an announcement on the coach’s future as early as Monday.
On the move: Wayne Bennett

On the move: Wayne BennettCREDIT: GETTY
Bennett has been talking about a potential Monday meeting with South Sydney officials for days. Don’t be surprised if that doesn’t happen following conversations with the club on Friday. All that is left to be done is put pen to paper.

One of the first things Bennett will do is make changes to the club’s high-performance staff. Then he will look at the playing roster. As it stands, the Rabbitohs don’t have much wiggle room in the salary cap.
This column has been told it was tight even before they signed St Helens halfback Lewis Dodd on a deal worth $600,000.
The club has already given halfback Lachlan Ilias permission to explore his options. He won’t be the last.
There are question marks over the future of winger Alex Johnston and hooker Damien Cook, but decisions over the roster have been put on hold until Bennett signs.

Most of the team arent trying defensively to hold out other teams.

Cant agree Brendan, I believe they are trying but I just don’t think our pack are physically capable of keeping it tight under our current structures

Who’s the defensive coach for the Dolphins? I know Hornby will most probably stay as our attacking coach as Wayne enjoyed having him in that role previous. Wonder who takes over our Defence. It was JD under Wayne last time around

Cant agree Brendan, I believe they are trying but I just don’t think our pack are physically capable of keeping it tight under our current structures
Does seem to be a personnel and structure issue doesn't it. Our middles' line speed has always been a problem, but now we're lacking mobility and getting outmuscled in the middle. And our edges are defending like strangers - probs coz they are.

Latest posts

Back