• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Bennett, Bunnies agree terms on $3m deal

Except he was offered Furner in the offseason and he refused. JD also didn’t want Furner when he eventually came back. Just like JD refused help from Cronk.

They said they spoke to him about it in the earlier in the season but he thought he could do it by himself.

But the reason why he was brought here is because he had ties to with JD and had worked here previously.

"We’re looking for ways to improve our performances and we think that having an experienced coach like him coming in to concentrate on the team’s defence will be a positive."

“We’ve worked together previously and had great success at the Cowboys, and he knows what our club is all about having worked here before.

“I’m looking forward to having him here alongside myself, Benny (Hornby), Joe (O’Callaghan) and ‘Sutto’ (John Sutton) as we prepare for our next game against Melbourne and the rest of the season.”

Jason Demetriou

Wether he came earlier in the year or not, it still a bad decision by the club due to Furner lack of success at other clubs.

We needed someone fresh, out side of JD's mates.

So is the support team around Wayne at the Dolphins better than the support team he had/left at South’s?

Either way, if he signs - I want the support team to be absolute dynamo. Other clubs have got genuine first grade coaches as the assistants.

So is the support team around Wayne at the Dolphins better than the support team he had/left at South’s?

Either way, if he signs - I want the support team to be absolute dynamo. Other clubs have got genuine first grade coaches as the assistants.
Wayne has always been pretty good at surrounding himself with the right people to date.

More specifically, the right people for the squad he’s in charge of.

I get the impression he has a high opinion of Hornby. Or at least, knows what he offers and can work with him.

Can someone please post the detail of the Peter Badel article please

The Twitter headline mentioned Bennett pledge comes with a warning, did I miss the warning?

The Twitter headline mentioned Bennett pledge comes with a warning, did I miss the warning?
Yes….
“That’s really important. Let me do my job and if I can’t do it, we’ll make other arrangements, but don’t interfere with me.”

And this

“I will have no problems working with anybody at Souths, including Latrell.

“If there ends up being a problem, one of us will have to leave, but I don’t expect any issues.

Latest posts

Back